Img 5470

Anshu

random nonsense

I would totally love some feedback on the format and flow of my writing. I really hope it encourages you to listen to this stellar album! Thank you!

Catfish & the Bottlemen

PROMPT: Album Review

0

Apace, raw, halcyon, and powerful, Catfish and the Bottlemen's debut album, "The Balcony" is the perfect album to blast in the car and belt out every word. It's almost impossible not to dance to their music. The album is filled with stellar tunes, all poignant, stunning, and tempestuous. Don't let the peculiar name, or the mistifying album artwork confuse you, "The Balcony" is indubitably enthralling with its melodic, charming songwriting, catchy lyrics, and alluring production.

This is the album long-awaited for and it's the kind of album set on repeat over and over again just to appreciate every lyric. "I just love everything about my life and every single person that is close to me. I'm really really in love, and really really in love with the music I'm writing, and I'm really really in love with the people I'm writing it for. Everything else means nothing to me. All I care about is making them happy and making me happy." Van Mccann, the brilliant lead singer, dreamt of a life encompassed by music. The group assembled in Llandudno, Wales, where Mccann and bassist, Benji Blakeway grew up playing soccer together, drummer, Bob Hall was a next-door neighbor, and guitarist, Jeff Bond was derived from a band Mccann idolized in his region. The band looks up to various other artists, such as "The Strokes" and "Oasis", and admires the two for their memorable sound that makes one happy to be alive.

On the roads of Sydney, Mccann was only a toddler when he encountered a peculiar name from an Australian Busker. Developping the band came with various name changes, until Mccann decided "Catfish and the Bottlemen" was the perfect one for them. They're brilliantly loud and have the time of their lives translating their compelling stories to each and every listener. The last song of the album, titled "Tyrants", is a song Mccann wrote when he was only fourteen years old. The captivating guitar riffs, persistant drumming, and exquisite vocals from the four members leaves anyone listening, in awe. Catfish and the Bottlemen's "The Balcony" is unforgettable and will undeniably turn into a classic.