Deep_Breaths

I AM
owner of ALL the books
a grand writer (I hope!)
really hungry
1/3 of the Three Musketeers
feeling poetic
in love with life
#christian
a ballerina <3

It's easier to write in chapters because then you can tell if people like it before you write an entire novel.

Hidden Demons (Chapter One)

10
I have this... ability. I can tell how dangerous someone is just by looking at them. My mind 'rates' them, one meaning about as deadly as a marshmallow and ten being an immortal psychotic serial killer. For example, I'm a three, my grandmother would be a one, whereas a man with a rifle and a list of enemies would be a seven, maybe and eight. 
    "Michelle, come on. We'll be late. And you know that Mrs. Butler does NOT like it when we're late!" My best friend, Casey (who by the way is a two point five) 
    "Yeah, yeah, I know." I say, running beside Casey.
    "I can't believe we're going to be late again, that's what? The third time this month?" Casey whines. Casey is one of those people who hates being late, how she's friends with me I'll never know.
    "It's fine, we'll be okay." I return. I can tell Casey doesn't believe me because she's biting her lip, a habit she does when nervous.
    "I guess," Casey says, the uncertainty nagging at her voice.
    We walk into the auditorium and I close my eyes. This usually helps me from seeing all the ratings at once. I can almost hear all the numbers. When I open my eyes, all the ratings blur my vision.
    Casey, my parents and some other close friends are the only others who know about my ability. So when the numbers make it difficult to see, Casey immediately places a hand on my shoulder and leads me to our group of friends.
    Genevieve (two) and Jason (three), who are the other close friends who know about me, recognize the look in my eyes and they move over so Casey and I can sit.
    Eventually, the numbers fade away and I'm able to focus again. Once I can see, Mrs. Butler is in the dead center of her spiel about anti-bullying.
    In the corner of my eye, I notice a persistent rating that hasn't faded yet. I nonchalantly turn my head to read the number.
    When I see the number I can't help but let out a small gasp. There, clear as day, is the number ten hovering over a boy I don't quite recognize.
    I've never even seen a ten rating. I'll be watching TV and see serial killers who are at the most a nine, but never a ten.
    Still in shock, I blink several times, making sure I'm not seeing things. Sure enough, it was still a ten.
    Panicking, I poke Casey and she looks at me, eyebrows raised and lips pursed. I point at the boy and motion a number ten with my fingers.
    Casey's eyes widen and her face turns pale.
    I've described the scale to Casey before and she knows as well as I do that ten is bad, very bad. 
    I found a website with load of incredible prompts and found this one "A teenager has the ability to see how dangerous a person is - on a scale of 1-10 - simply by looking at them. An angry man with an assault rifle and a list of enemies would be a 7 or 8. The new kid at school is measuring 10 every day." 
    If you want to visit the amazing website, click here. Also, if you want a part two comment and like!

2

• amazing grace

Please post more. I can't survive without more.

• amazing grace

When are you gonna post the next part.

• amazing grace

I neeeeddddd a part two.

• mia_:)

I'm definitely using those prompts in like all my flash fiction now! They're so good!

• mia_:)

Oh my gosh! This is soooooooooooo GOOD! Thanks for including the prompts; I'll definitely go check them out. PART TWO PLEEEEEEASE!!!!!!!

This is extremely enthralling.

One thing, I'd suggest making the title something more dramatic like Ten, Scale, Danger is a Number, etc.

• Hailie Ogden

Part two! I want a part two! This is sooo amazing!

• a_myriad_of_stars_07

Whoa! This is amazing!!! I need more!:)

• uninspired

this is cool! please write another chapter!!:)

• Souled Out

Ahhh, this is so good!! I'd love to read more!