Writing4Life

#BLM
Welcome to my profile!
Call me Star ^u^
14
Girl
Christian ✞
Homeschooled
ENFP-T
Actor
Writer/Poet (duh)
Equestrian (sorta)
Singer
Pianist
Warrior Cats 4 Life ♡
Bondi Rescue <3
Beach Lover ^^
Want a review? Just ask!

Heck.........If you don't like sad stories, um don't read this. This is for Raquel's competition (#april) and the prompt was something to do with cancer, so yeah. Peer reviews would be great

Time #aprilcancercontrol

2

Time. There was not enough of it. He had loved time. He had thought time was his friend. But it was his enemy.

Brown, curly hair. Bright, green eyes. Happy, tan face. That was Jeremy. Jemmy as we called him. He was a happy, bouncy 4 year old with no limit of energy.
"Mummy! Mummy!" He cried, wheeling along his bright blue bike, with one squeaky trainer wheel. He smiled; one small gap in his mouth visible.
"Yes?" I laughed at his excitement.
"Can I go to the park?" He jumped up and down. "please, please say yes!" I laughed again.
"Yes, but I'll go with you." Jeremy cheered.

I got my bike and we rode together down the hill, along the green nature strip, and rode up to the park. Jemmy laughed and dropped his bike; racing onto the wood chips, his hair bounced up and down. He climbed up the ladder leading to the slide. Jemmy climbed on top and slid down, his hands in the air. 
"Come with me Mummy!" He cried, holding out his little hand to me. I laughed and shook my head.
"Mummy's tired, baby. But I'll watch you!" Jemmy's face dropped for a second, but the prospect of the slide cheered him up. Racing to the ladder, he called.
"Watch me, Mummy! Watch me!" I nodded.
"Yes, yes. I'm watching!" Just as Jemmy climbed to the top of the slide, I thought I heard someone call my name, so I turned back to see who it was. I couldn't see anyone, but something held me there. Perhaps it was fate. For, as I stood there, my back to the park, I heard a scream. It was bone-chilling; piercing through my heart, my very soul. I whipped around, and saw something that made my blood run cold. Jeremy was lying on the wood chips, gasping, gasping for breath.
"Jemmy!" I screeched, racing to his side; sliding onto the chips; pulling him close to my breast. Jemmy gasped again.
"M-mummy?"
"Yes, yes, yes, Jemmy, I'm here!" I babbled desperately. 
'I-it hurts Mummy!" Jeremy's normally happy face was drawn tight with pain. 
"It'll be ok baby!" Jeremy closed his eyes and rested his head on my lap. Tears slid down my cheek, dripping onto Jemmy's white face. Why hadn't I gone with him? Why hadn't I watched? Why hadn't I been there?

Cancer. Those were the doctor's words. Cancer. Cancer? Cancer wasn't for little 4 year old boys. I had sat there, holding my little boy on my lap. Running my fingers through his hair. Tears were sliding down my cheeks. Little Jemmy was oblivious to everything, except the pain he was feeling. Two years. That was how much he had left. Till he was 6 years old. I couldn't believe it. I wouldn't believe it. 

1 month later
It was the small things. It was the little, little things. When a friend would call in, I would have to suggest they play a game, seeing the tiredness in my baby's eyes. When Amy, his little sister would tell him to play The Floor Is Lava with her, he would have to use his "wings" - which were my arms - to fly from the couch to the chair. He was getting slower, I could see it. He would run after Amy for a few metres, then slow down, all the time with a forced smile on his face. I don't know how, but he knew how much it was hurting me. He knew that I couldn't bear it. So somehow, he tried to. He tried to take my burden, upon his little, tired body. He was trying to stop me hurting.

3 months later

The little things were getting bigger. Jemmy started to take to lying on the couch for hours. It broke my heart to see his petite frame curled up on the couch. I bought extra movies for him. Bob the Builder, The Wiggles and Teletubbies were almost always playing. I would sit with him, trying to make him laugh, trying to make him happy. He would laugh, but I could see tears in his eyes. He started eating less. Even Amy was eating more than he. My husband, Daniel quit his job, and started to work from home. He, as I did, felt the need to be near to Jemmy. It was good for me, to have Daniel nearby, because there were times when I needed someone. I tried not to show the pain I was feeling, but it was hard. Seeing Jemmy lying still on the couch scared me. I would go over to him, shake him gently, ever so gently, and then he would wake up. Rubbing sleep from his eyes he would smile at me. 
"Hello Mummy." He would whisper. I would hug him tight, my heart beating quicker. There would be a time when he would not wake up.

6 months later

Jemmy no longer had the strength to run. He no longer could kick a ball. He would walk after me, slowly, ever so slowly. When I would turn around to see him, he would smile brightly, toddle forward, and place his small hand in mine. Every time I touched him, I was thankful. Every time he got out of bed, rubbing his little eyes, I felt happy. His friends didn't come around anymore. It was hard for me, but I knew it was for the best. It broke my heart, though, to see him lying on the couch, watching out the window, where Daniel and Amy were playing soccer. Soccer. That used to be his favourite. Jemmy would turn around, see me, and smile. 
"Are you tired Jemmy?" I would ask, already knowing his answer.
"No, Mummy! I feel like I have a lot of energy today!" He tried. He tried so hard. He had no energy, that was plain to see. His little legs had lost all and any muscle they had once had. He was so small. He was so weak, so helpless.

11 months later

Jemmy had his 5th birthday today. It was a hard birthday, each of us knowing that this could be his last. So, we did everything we could for him. I bought all his favourite things, made all his favourite foods, and we did all his favourite things, that is, that he could still do. It was at lunch. He had taken three slices of pizza, and had already eaten two. My heart lifted. That must be a good sign! He ate so little, that this must be good! But just as he lifted his third slice to take a bite, he dropped it. And screamed. My heart dropped down to my toes. I immediately called 911, and they sent an ambulance immediately. It all passed in a blur. Jemmy, screaming. The whining sirens coming up the street. Men and women in dark green clothes, loading Jemmy, my baby, in the ambulance. I stepped inside the ambulance, seeing Daniel holding Amy, who was crying. My cheeks felt wet, then I realized I was crying also. The doors slammed shut, and we were driving at top speed. I looked over at Jemmy, who was lying so still on the white bed. Soon, we arrived at the hospital, Jemmy was taken into the hospital and I was told to stay in the waiting room. Stay? When my 5 year old son was-was..I couldn't bring myself to say dying but I was thinking it. Eventually I was taken into his hospital room. Jemmy was lying in the bed, looking so small. His face was as pale as the sheets he lay on, he had tubes running from his nose, his fingers, his stomach. I felt sick to my stomach as I saw him, lying so still. 

12 months later

Jemmy was sick. I knew that. The doctor had said two years, but after the X-Ray, it was clear. My baby was dying. He had come back home, but then his health had taken a turn for the worse. And here I was, again, in the hospital. Here Jemmy was again, so small and still, lying on those dreaded sheets. Jemmy's face was gaunt, his skin was a sickly shade of grey-white. I gently ran my hand over his head, remembering his brown curly locks; they had fallen out weeks ago. 
"M-m-mummy?" His voice was so quiet, so soft, I almost missed it.
"Jemmy!" I cried, kissing his little face. "I'm just going to call the nurse, ok?" I said reaching to press the red button behind his bed.
"Wait, Mummy!" Jemmy cried, with all the energy he had.
"What?" I cried, quickly pulling back my hand.
"I don't want to die with a stranger." His reply struck me, piercing through me. 
"W-what? You're not going to die, Jeremy!" I cried, anger flashing through me. My 5 year old had just voiced my fear, and I couldn't hear it.
"I know it's hard Mummy. I'm going to miss you, and Daddy, and Amy too." I shook my head, tears splashing desperately onto the sheets.
"You're not going to die! I won't let you!" Jemmy just shook his head.
"I love you Mummy. Promise me you'll still love Amy, and Daddy?" Tears were now rolling steadily down my cheeks.
"No, no, Jemmy! You-you'll be ok! You're, you're going to be alright!" Jemmy was no longer looking at me. He was staring out the window, fixated on something I couldn't see.
"I'm ready," He whispered quietly. 
"No!" I grabbed his face.
"Look at me! Look at me!" I screamed. Jemmy turned his eyes to mine, and smiled. I fell over his body, squeezing him. I felt his body rise, then fall. I waited. Nothing. I sat up, my eyes desperately searching his. Nothing. 
"NO!" I screamed. I shook him, trying, trying to fix what had already been done.
"Jeremy! Jeremy! Look at me! Jemmy!" I broke into sobs. He was gone. 

Time. He loved time. But his time had come. And I wanted mine to come too. But, what Jemmy had said to me stuck in my head. I still had a husband and a daughter. And now, I've got a little son on the way. And they need me, just like I need them. I will meet up with Jemmy, when my time does come. But my time is not now. And neither is yours.
This has a bit of a Easter Egg in it, Jemmy's younger sister is called Amy and Jan's husband, Daniel are actually the same names of the two main characters in a book series I'm reading (the 39 clues) ^u^

• Deep_Breaths

incredible, thanks for entering this

Thank you so much guys!

• Loser

This is so tragic and yet beautiful. I love the hope at the end of them seeing each other again.

• mia_:)

Haha, I didn't see your disclaimer and couldn't bring myself to read the whole thing. What I did see was so emotional and beautiful, though! Great job! I'm terrible at holding it together when it comes to sad stories lol

• Deep_Breaths

I literally love this so much, you are an incredible author!

• Deep_Breaths

Nooooooooooooooooo, I'm crying rn!