deep_breaths

ravenclaw
virgo
INTJ-T
musical theatre <3
screaming songs on spotify
hyper realism artist
so hungry right now
slowly descending into madness
ballerina (pointe!)
potterhead
surprised aurora is my mood
SOUR

My Go-To Books:
-ALL of the Harry Potter Books (by J.K. Rowling)
-ALL of the To All The Boys I've Loved Before Trilogy (by Jenny Han)
-ALL of The School for Good and Evil ( by Soman Chainani)
-ALL all the Hunger Games (by Suzanne Collins)
-ALL of Divergent (by Veronica Roth)

currently listening to
jealousy, jealousy -olivia rodrigo

Cold Fingers

2
    The moon shines and glistens in the in the nigh time bliss. I peer out my bedroom window and watch. I heard voices for nights and nights before.
    Night one I brush it off and go to sleep. Night two I check my rooms and decide it's nothing. Night three I feel a hand on my shoulder, I freeze and pretend to be asleep. Night four, tonight. 
    I tell Mom about the voices but she tells me it's 'the heater or dishwasher making sounds.' Yeah, okay. I know better than this. Once I walk to my room and get ready for bed, I hear the voice again.
    I immediately turn around and rush to the window. But there's nothing. "I know you're out there," I mumble into the night. Nothing happens.
    Knowing that something's going on, I sit on my bed and tap my turned off phone, hoping the voice isn't too observing. After fake typing for five or so, I hear a soft whisper. "Ellllla" 
    My eyes creep off the screen and I see a little girl standing outside my window. My heart quickens it's pace and my lungs feel like they were encased in cement. The girl reaches a gray hand though the window and I scream silently.
    Reaching to my mouth to see why the scream was halted, the girl climbs through the window and I begin to panic. She walks closer and caresses my flushed cheek with her cold fingers. 
    Then she vanishes and I wake up howling with sweat dripping from my brow. I turn to the window only to see the night sky pierced by the sharp moonlight.
    Just a dream, just a dream, I repeat to myself. But my brain doesn't buy it. I can't shake the feeling of her frozen hand on my face. Finally calming down, I roll over on my bed and see a hand print fading from my window. 
    "Good night" cackles a small voice and the lights go out.
This is for Jothsimar's contest. 

• Ezinne Clare

This certainly deserved that win...congratulations! !

• Jothsimar

Omg! I loved this piece and it has a really good storyline to it. If you haven't heard, the results will be coming out tomorrow.

• CreativeAngel

I love this! It's similar to the ideas i've recently been writing

• deep_breaths

Lol, no, it's supposed to seem like it was a dream but then she sees the hand print and knows that it was real and that the girl just made her think she dreamed it ( is dreamed proper grammar???)

Hey this almost sounds like narcolepsy