Peer Review by CreativeAngel (United States)

scenes from a complicated love story

By: camlily

July 27th, 2012
Our screams fill the air as my brother chases after us. You're a little bit faster than me, but I've got more endurance. It's a warm summer day, and our only care in the world is escaping the possibility of being "It." We hide in the brush next to my house and try not to breathe- but I realize that hasn't been very difficult since you came over.

September 15th, 2016
A few years have passed.  You've finally grown taller than me, despite the fact that I'm almost exactly two years older than you. Your height makes it easier to forget the age difference.  

August 22nd, 2018
I'm a freshman in high school now, and we stopped playing neighborhood games like hide and seek when I left middle school. I won't admit how much I miss it. You've started cursing now, playing video games with my brother and watching inappropriate shows.  It hurts watching the boy I used to know grow up, but I don't think my feelings for you have changed, as much as I want them to.  

June 5th, 2019
A lot has happened over the past year. I got my first boyfriend (I think my brother told you about him... you didn't really have much of a reaction) but I broke up with him two days later.  Every time I was with him I would just remember how much I laughed when I was with you.  I'm having a hard time figuring out my feelings, because
clearly I can't date you, for multiple reasons. For starters, you're my brother's best friend.  I'm just the older sister, and that's probably all that you see me as. You're a seventh grader, too.  Sometimes I feel that if I was just born two years earlier, things would be much different.  

April 2nd, 2020

I think I'm going to tell you next year.  We'll both be in high school then, with me a junior and you a freshman.  I want to convince you to join track with me (because all those years playing tag in the neighborhood made us both pretty fast) and bike to the school together.  That is, as long as my brother is okay with it. I'll either be making our relationship stronger or destroying two of them...

wait... did I just lowkey write a love story... hehe oops

I felt your heart through the piece and reminded of some things m.

Is it true? It’s okay if you don’t want to share but like..yea?

I love. You finally posted. I expect more. I’m intrigued :) <3