camlily

hi there

what up fam I’m back from like a four month break
most of my pieces are really personal so yeah I’m sorry if you read any of them
been here since 2017 with my besties FairNoble and CreativeAngel <3
just a girl trying to get rid of writers block
I hope that you have an absolutely splindiferous day! :)
If y'all want me to check out a piece or peer review it, let me know in the comments of one of my pieces and I'll do my best to get it done

Don't forget to leave a

╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱
╱╱┏╮╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱
╱╱┃┃╱╱╱┳╱┓┳╭┫┳┓
▉━╯┗━╮╱┃╱┃┣┻╮┣╱
▉┈┈┈┈┃╱┻┛┛┻╱┻┻┛
▉╮┈┈┈┃╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱
╱╰━━━╯╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱

- courtesy of SamG95 (im actually not sure if he's on here anymore but... he made this)

snapchat: cam_lily119
instagram: camryn_woods11

scenes from a complicated love story

6
July 27th, 2012
Our screams fill the air as my brother chases after us. You're a little bit faster than me, but I've got more endurance. It's a warm summer day, and our only care in the world is escaping the possibility of being "It." We hide in the brush next to my house and try not to breathe- but I realize that hasn't been very difficult since you came over.

September 15th, 2016
A few years have passed.  You've finally grown taller than me, despite the fact that I'm almost exactly two years older than you. Your height makes it easier to forget the age difference.  

August 22nd, 2018
I'm a freshman in high school now, and we stopped playing neighborhood games like hide and seek when I left middle school. I won't admit how much I miss it. You've started cursing now, playing video games with my brother and watching inappropriate shows.  It hurts watching the boy I used to know grow up, but I don't think my feelings for you have changed, as much as I want them to.  

June 5th, 2019
A lot has happened over the past year. I got my first boyfriend (I think my brother told you about him... you didn't really have much of a reaction) but I broke up with him two days later.  Every time I was with him I would just remember how much I laughed when I was with you.  I'm having a hard time figuring out my feelings, because
clearly I can't date you, for multiple reasons. For starters, you're my brother's best friend.  I'm just the older sister, and that's probably all that you see me as. You're a seventh grader, too.  Sometimes I feel that if I was just born two years earlier, things would be much different.  

April 2nd, 2020

I think I'm going to tell you next year.  We'll both be in high school then, with me a junior and you a freshman.  I want to convince you to join track with me (because all those years playing tag in the neighborhood made us both pretty fast) and bike to the school together.  That is, as long as my brother is okay with it. I'll either be making our relationship stronger or destroying two of them...
wait... did I just lowkey write a love story... hehe oops

1

• Tushar Mandhan

I would love to read an expanded version of this piece and what happens after that. Does she confess her feeling to him?

• NightReader

And I really like your style of writing, would have said this first but didn't want you to feel like I was trying to butter you up to make you more willing to review my writing.

• NightReader

So, I write a lot of (at least in my opinion) dark and depressing poetry. I usually ask for peer reviews, but... yeah no. I've received one or two reviews, but only on my happier pieces. I was wondering if you would be willing to review a couple of them for me, none in particular, just like maybe one of the really dark ones, and then a couple that are in the grey area? It's okay if you read them, and aren't comfortable leaving a review. I just want to know if my poetry is too dark and depressing.

• CreativeAngel

I lowkey feel like this is all true but the emotion put in. It’s like a sneak peak of your heart