Deep_Breaths

I AM
owner of ALL the books
a grand writer (I hope!)
really hungry
1/3 of the Three Musketeers
feeling poetic
in love with life
#christian
a ballerina <3

I'm in a poetic mood, and most poetry is sad so I'm writing sad endings to my stories, sorry if I'm bumming y'all out.

The Boy Next Door

12
    Lathering my hands with lavender lotion, I look out my bedroom window to see a fluffy white cat prance past the window directly across from mine. I stifle a giggle and peer into the dark room. I don't recognize the objects sitting in the usually vacant room.
    The house next to ours is owned by Mrs. Harper, she's basically the neighborhood grandma. She was supposed to live in a nursing home but her family one of her relatives should come to stay with her instead. Maybe the stuff in the empty room belongs to whoever is going to live with her.
    I brush my questions away and amble to my bed. Opening my computer, I find myself gazing through my window into the unfamiliar room once more. Why am I so curious about this? 
    My eyes widen when I see light spill into the room next door. I crane my neck so I can see who's there. The figure walks in the door and I can almost make out a fa- I fall of my bed with a loud "Whoop!"
    The figure stops dead and turns their head towards the window. They walk over to where the light begins. My heart skips when the shadow becomes a boy. He meets my eyes with his creamy latte colored irises and butterfly eyelashes.
    I notice he's got a small yet noticeable line of snow white hair running from above his left eyebrow to the front of his left ear. He's got honey kissed skin and other than his snowy thread he's got muddy and smooth hair. 
    He cocks his head to the side when I continue to stare. I'm suddenly self conscious about the grubby t shirt and shorts I've been wearing since Tuesday and my fluffy hair pulled back into a droopy little bun. Not knowing how to react, I simply smile and wave. 
    He smiles back. His smile melts down my chest like a bowl of warm soup. His eyes light up and he disappears next to the window. I begin to wonder if I've scared him off when he reappears with a pad of paper and a marker. Confusion bites at my tongue but I simply watch. 
    Pulling the cap of the marker he writes something then rips the paper off the notepad and sticks it to the window. I'm Ben is printed in big letters. 
    I raise my eyebrows and realize what he's doing. I run over and grab my notebook and pen off of my dresser and write I'm Hadley then place it on my window. 
    Ben turns back to his pad and writes Pleasure to make your acquaintance, hadley. in response. Giggles leap off my tongue and Ben laughs too. We 'chat' for an hour or longer. I learn that Mrs. Harper is his grandmother and the cat's name is Micci. 
    Mom calls me down for dinner so I write BRB, gotta eat!!! Ben frowns but I go down anyway.
    "So, what've you been up to in your room?" Mom interrogates. I stab a piece of pasta with my fork. "Oh, nothing. Just the usual poems and stuff." She looks at me and raises her eyebrow. If she had something to say she must have decided not to say it because we eat the rest in silence. 
    Once I'm finished, I run up the staircase to my room two steps at a time to get to my room. When I reach my window, I'm utterly speechless. When Ben and I were writing to each other before I mentioned to Ben that I liked Shakespeare.
    So, when I was downstairs eating he'd written out all of Romeo's speech in the balcony scene. From the first "But soft!" to the last "that I might touch that cheek," every word was there. In colorful pencils, markers and different paper. 
    After reading Ben's work of art for the third time, I noticed him sitting behind them smiling and watching me inhale all the beautiful words. Tears danced down my bright red cheeks. I grab my notebook and write This is the most beautiful thing anyone's ever done for me! Thank you. Then I may or may not have drawn a heart after it.
    Ben turned his head to the sunset. The marvelous blues, vibrant oranges and gorgeous purples reflected in his sparkling eyes. The way his face lit up in the wondrous colors and how his smile chased the hurt from my soul, in that moment was when I first knew I loved that boy. 
    I wake up the next day and see a note taped to Ben's window. I need to talk to you. Huh, that's odd. Okay, I write back. 
    I'm going back to stay with my parents soon. Ben writes. I really like you, but I don't want to break your heart. I don't believe this. Oh, okay. If that's want you want... I write a quick goodbye and close my curtains. 
    My heart broken, I flop down on my bed and cry. I don't care if you break my heart, Ben. It'd be an honor to have my heart broken by you. But he'll never know that.
This is based on abi's pov's poem: I want to wash my hands to rid of your germs, but they stick like honey to my palms|Loved and Lost. I'm writing a sad version because I've got nothing to do and it's sad IRL

• Just_A_Memory

Gorgeous! Glad to see you're still going! I miss you lots, and I don't expect anyone to come back, but I'm here to stay. The community is a little skeptical of my re-appearance, but I'm willing to start all over if that's what it takes to earn everyone's trust back. You're still doing amazing things, keep the work up!

-J.A.M. (FoxLilly106)

This is very well written and a beautiful story.I hope you decide to continue it:)

• Samina

Wow, this is so good! I feel so sad at the end. I loved it!:-)

• Deep_Breaths

Thank you guys!

• abi's pov

Aw :') This so cute, yet sad, but I still love it. Great job!

• Halopoet

Your writing makes me fall in love with someone who doesn't exist