Russell Manirakiza

Vending machine (revised)

2
I awaited its inevitable descent. How many years I had spent watching that shimmering glass, I don't know. But I am certain that my percevirence was to come to a means soon, every second like a blow to my pride. "Just leave" "it's not worth it" these thoughts pounded through my head but no, now way in hell I would let that $1.50 go to waste. So I waited eventually the walls started to decompose. How long have I been here, have I wasted away in front of a vending machine my whole life, but there are so many things I wanted to do so many places I wanted to go to. I look away from the machine for the first time in who knows how long. I saw the city I once called home, the place I was born, the place I was raised. Covered in rot and vegetation. Any humans that were ever here died a long time ago. Is this it? Am I the only one left? And if so... why go on. A million thoughts rushed through my head when I heard a light *thud*. I started tearing up when I realized what it must have been. Looking longingly at the very thing I've been staring at my whole life I grab the bag of munchies from the bottom of the machine. My entire life and this is what waits for me at the end of it. I can't help but break into laughter, a bag of chips. Then suddenly, the thought crosses my mind, one of the only thoughts that hasn't over, what must have been hundreds of years. How I'm I still alive, I guess I never thought of it but how have I not starved to death after not eating the whole time. Just then, just after acknowledging it had it struck my the pain that only years upon years of accumulated hunger could provide I only felt it for a second before I felt the life drain out of me in front of the machine, bag in hand.

wow. i like how you took something ordinary and turned into something extraordinary.
    also... welcome, welcome, welcome! always glad to see new people here. it's a wonderful community. check out sci-Fi, Rohan's Defender, Anne Blackwood, FantasyOtter12, dmoral, doodleninja, Emi, Paisley Blue, mirkat, SunV, mindfruit, and anyone else you come across if you ever need help/reviews/advice/feedback/gorgeous writing/conversation! oh, and i'm erin.

• sci-Fi

....wow....
    review on he way XD