And_The_Stars_Laughed

"half of me is ocean. half of me is sky."

Hi, thanks for reading! Please let me know what you think -- comment/review (I would be happy to return the favor)! :)

ghost town

6

the universe rained shards of broken drizzle, droplets cleaving the gravel, blue sprouting from the clouds as they whispered into puffs of splintered cerulean:
"the ground is merely a sliver of earth, someday you will join the sky."
springtime nodded, its land frolicked with mist -- tendrils of ice returning to the sea, squeezing its droplets to the window-panes so that the world couldn't peer past. the salmonberries stretched their coral buds, gravity tapping its fingertips on their stems as they bloomed from the land's cracked ribcage, willing themselves towards empty, singing blue.
"someday you will join the sky."
mud sang back.
it slithered past the fiddleheads. swirled the continent. it caked towards a blur lathered with fear, teabags drowning in boiling ringlets. it swam across states: chiseled treebark thudding linoleum cement. footprints covered in whirring mold. the birds tilted their heads at the wreathing brown and creaked into stillness, their cacophony laced crimson. 

"the sky --"

it began again. it stretched its arms across time, across space, palms spreading into sunlight. indigo streaks showering the air. zephyrs pricking wood with cobalt. 
the sky returned and the silence ceased.
but even as sapphire grazed the ground, even as teal powdered the forests, a puddle of mahogany slipped into the corner, for it would never truly disappear.
yet, the universe sprawled its fingertips and let birds sing. let their voices scour the pavement. because for now, that was okay.

1

• jun lei

omg thank you so much!! i adore your poetry, and with our mag just taking off, every submission matters, and we'd be honored to receive one as stunning as yours.

• Dmoral

your opening and ending were brilliant, beautiful, flawless, stunning, and every other freakin' adjective out there-i just can'tttttt

• WhispersOfGray

This is gorgeous. So beautiful.

• Loser

Beautiful description and vocabulary.