Cordelia_Fitzgerald

My dream is to be a bestselling author. I want to write YA fiction that is filled with magic, mythical beings, and much more! Most importantly, I want God to use my life and love of writing to share the good news of his mercy to all who need it!

Psalm 118:24
"For this is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."

Know that God loves you whether you know him or not, and his love endures forever!

Fantasy Competition--Create a Twisty Tale

10
DEADLINE! (It's April 15th)

We're in quarantine. We're bored. So here is something to do.

I am a sucker for fantasy. So, to feed my fairytale obsession, I am asking you to write a piece on one of these three mythical creatures:

1. Fairies
2. Elves
3. Unicorns

These may seem mundane, but I am looking for an interesting twist. Fairies are often depicted as sparkly, happy little things with no problems. Kill that norm. Elves are perfect, majestic creatures who know all. Blow it up. Unicorns are harmless, caring animals with incredible, magical gifts. Bomb the stereotype. Put an unexpected spin on one of these creatures that is sure to amuse me and anyone else who is lucky enough to stumble upon the entries. 

Aaaand....here are the requirements. 
    Word Count: 1500 words
        *You may go a little over or under, but try not to exceed 50 words either way. It will damage
        your chances of winning.

Writing Type: Please write a short story. I do appreciate other forms of literature, but I
         particularly adore novel-like writing. If you enter anything else, I won't consider it
         as a legitimate entry.

THINGS TO AVOID:
1. Bad language! Any swears (no matter how little) will get an immediate disqualification. Also, please leave out any "oh my gods" because, as a Christian, that is just as bad as everything else. 
2. No sexual/inappropriate images of any sort. Normal PDA is fine, but anything too saucy is a disqualification.
    *Essentially I should be able to hand your story to an 8-10 year old and not get sued by their
    parents. 
    **Violence is allowed! Only take the 8-10 year old parameters as far as inappropriate content.

Prizes!
    First Place: You will receive 6 likes and a peer review of your choice.
    Second Place: You will receive 4 likes and a peer review of my choice.
    Third Place: You will receive 2 likes and a peer review of my choice. 
*ALL WINNERS WILL RECEIVE AN HONORABLE MENTION IN A COMPLETELY SEPARATE PUBLICATION (If you don't want this, add a footnote in your story that says so, and I will leave you out of the separate publication)
**ALL PARTICIPANTS WILL RECEIVE A LIKE ON THEIR ENTRY 

HASH TAG: #TwistyTale
    Include this in your title so I can find your stories!
This is my first competition. Comment down below if you are interested in competing and if you would be interested in a #TwistyTale sequel (with different mythical creatures).

• crow_e

oh? a fantasy prompt? time to dedicate an obnoxious amount of time to this!

• Dmoral

what if faeries were just guardian angels that didn't make the cut? #TwistyTale

• Cordelia_Fitzgerald

If it's especially good, it may place. If you can't get it longer, still enter! But in light of getting your word count up, think of your story like a chapter. A stand alone chapter, but that is about the length I'm asking for. :)

• Dmoral

1500 words? omg i just drafted my piece and it's only 609 :/

• elliem

Super cool idea! Would love to see a sequel to this with new creatures. :) I did prompt one.

• Princess Maria

https://www.writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/154905/version/303758
    Here you go! For the Elves prompt! Exactly 1500 words

• Princess Maria

I'm in! Probably will do Elves

• Cordelia_Fitzgerald

Please stick to the listed animals, but I am certainly planning on doing more Twisty Tales so I can cover more mythical creatures. I will be sure to put dragons on the next one. I hope you will still compete in this one, though!

• HelpMe512

Could I do a dragon? Or do I have to do the three you listed?

• PureHeart

Cool prompts! I'll try and get a piece together soon, and let you know when I've done it. This competition sounds cool! ^^