annieblev

Wannabe poet who should probably stick to realistic fiction. Sum 41 trash.

Like Letters, Not Love Letters (A Fictional Letter)

Letter To Him:  A fictional letter from a wise-beyond-her-years 7th grader to her crush. 

Dear Salem,
You are never going to get this letter. I don't even know your address. But for the sake of my friends, whom I keep talking about you to, I think it's good to let you know how I feel and get some emotions out. I don't have high hopes for our us. We are going into two different middle schools. We are in two different social classes. We will never see each other again. That's why I'm writing you this letter, because I have nothing to loose. Except maybe my dignity.
For the record Salem, I don't want to date you. You don't deserve a girl like me. Also, there is that whole thing about us being 12 and that would be weird. We're 12. Ew. But it's something about you that I can't get over. Maybe it's the fact that I didn't fall in like with you because of your looks. Sure, you're a 8/10 but there is so much more to you. Maybe it's the fact that whenever we talk, you make me feel happy, which is a feeling I can hardly ever achieve given my anxiety. Maybe it's the fact that I know that when I'm thirty and I have 3 kids and a high-paying job, I know I'm going to think of you and smile. You make me smile. You make me blush.
I've always been told to "grow down" rather than grow up. People laugh at me when I talk about the supernatural elements of life. You listened. You respected me in all of my crazy-mature-poetness. You are the only one I want to share my poetry with. You are the only one who can make me smile when I'm sad. You are the only one I think about when I hear love songs but then I remember I'm being crazy because I'm too young to be in love. You probably think I'm some freak who wants tattoos and believes in the afterlife and demons, which I am. You probably think I try too hard, which I do. You probably think I have have a crush on you. Which I do.
I don't know what I'm trying to say. My thoughts are swirling around my head like a tornado and I'm sorry. All I know is, to quote Elvis, I can’t help falling in love with you. Or at least in like with you. Again, we are too young to know what we want.
All I ask is that you don’t forget me. I hope you can do that. I know I won’t forget you.

I’m sorry for being so stupid.

Like,
Bea

PS See what I did there with the like instead of love? Also, I have a new joke for you. It’s just as corny as the last one, if not cornier!