Phantom

Jade Mayfield

Nature's Treasures

Sight: As I open my eyes, I feel as if I am in a dream. I glance around and see bright colors of green, orange, red, and yellow. The birds flying and playing in the trees are the children on the playground. The grass moving with the rhythm of the wind are the dancers in the ballet. The leaves drifting through the air. As I walk around, I glance up at the bright blue sky. The clouds slowly drifting by are like fluffy, white marshmallows.

Touch: I walk through the tall, grassy fields, running my fingers through the soft grass. As I run my fingers through the grass I feel the wet dew drops, as if they are a slight kiss along my finger tips. I can feel the tickle of my hair flying with every gust of wind. My legs begin to get caught in the vine like grass. 

Sound: I can hear the birds chirping back and forth. I hear the leaves rustling in the trees. The whistling wind is like a song to my ears. The swooshing of the trees moving this way and that is the applause of a large crowd. The crunch of the fallen leaves are the sound of a crackling fire.