A Certain Type of Decisive

Just your unfriendly neighborhood disaster, bringing you bi-weekly updates from the bottom of my own shoe!

I like to spread that trashy art around. Everyone deserves some overly emotional poetry, overly harmonic music, and over saturated pictures- what can I say? I'm an overachiever.

Phrases for Phrases

4
Write me a story and I'll write you a song
Give me a poem and give you a melody
I'll trade notes for words
And phrases for phrases
Art is cyclical and I am not about to waste it

Any piece strong thematically that you think could make a nice song, link it in and I'll see if I can write a song for it. If it goes well, I'll share it! If not, I'll have read some good poems and stories. When I say strong thematically, I mean it in a way that music could make sense, Gothic, romantic, space-age- anywhere genres of literature overlap with genres of music. Old, new, it doesn't matter to me, of you want to send in somebody else's piece, that's cool, too.

I had planned on doing this without telling people, but I realized a lot of writers would love to hear something based on what they wrote, so I thought I'd open it up. I'll comment the link to the song on your piece, but you can also find them all on my sound-cloud: https://soundcloud.com/acoolgecko

I'm closing this soon, so I want to thank the many pieces that have already been submitted! Go read all the pieces (and listen to other songs) and live surrounded by art as if you are a late renaissance estate man with too much money and no way to spend it.

• AbiJoy

mmm whatcha sayy... To doing THIS?! BEHOLD! https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/165976/version/326566
    I was thinking of maybe twangy bits of warmhearted country banjo but I could also see crystalline cold and classical piano. I await your interpretation most eagerly.

You da best
    (yeah even I cringed at that)

i wanna say thank you for both my songs! i super cherish both of them so much. you’re a real artist, dude. “live surrounded by art as if you are a late renaissance estate man with too much money and no way to spend it” i chuckled, honestly.

• mia_:)

I'm still so amazed at your ability to transform written art into music! *applauds*