Jun Lei

confuzzled, questioning, and painfully mediocre

my avatar is a piece painted by qing han, an artist who rose to fame on instagram.
on february 8, 2020, she passed away after losing a war with cancer and surviving four open heart surgeries.
her legacy is kept alive by her brother. help him and the rest of the world remember her. she was @qinniart.

the first time i saw her art, i fell in love. she sketched like a dreamer. like a writer. girls crouched in teacups. girls scattering stars and sowing dreams. whales soaring in the skies as if it were the sea. stardust freckles dancing across skin, forming constellations. flowers bursting and blooming from rib cages and wounds. inspiration dripping from ivs. she was innovative. creative. unique. magical.
she was extraordinary.

desecrating the dead beneath my boots (haiku)

10
a gilded leaf falls
to a graveyard of corpses; 
the carcasses crunch.

• FizzyBaguette

I do like stepping over crunchy things and squishing it beneath my feet, especially dead leaves. Dead bodies, not so much

• Tushar Mandhan

I was trying poetry lately this morning (it's 11 pm here now) and thought of writing haiku. It is really a complex art and i must appreciate you for that. the piece does moved me.

• Ruthh

Ooooo I love this! Spooky