Eleanor M

"you know what the issue is with this world? everyone wants some magical solution to their problem and everyone refuses to believe in magic." -Sebastian Stan

"if it was never new and it never gets old, then it's a folk song." -Oscar Isaac

MAJOR apology out to all those who participated in my contests and didn't receive their prize due to my absence and quarantine moods. so very sorry! I plan to become more active soon.

song that i'm currently obsessed with: Animal by SYML

when hope has forsaken you, you are not alone (contest)

11
This is my first contest, guys, so bear with me!

Specifically, this contest is a chance for you to write your feelings, your opinions into a short story about any sort of battle with any sort of particularly challenging hardship. I hope this is a good opportunity to share and grow closer to one another. My mom just finished her chemotherapy and we are praying that her surgery will go more than well. We're thankful that she's okay now, but with the stress of cancer, the bad outcomes of this situation only become sharper and clearer and seem more possible. However, I myself try to embrace these situations with as much optimism as possible. Hopefully, you will to, or have in the past. Really, keeping upbeat is a strong weapon against many, many things. 

Prompt 1
200-700 words

Loss

We've all lost something in our lives. A pet, a family member, a cherished possession. It can be anything, though I recommend writing about a family member or friend, as those can be the toughest losses of all. This does not have to be about death. If someone moved away, or if someone has just left your life, by all means, you can write that.

Prompt 2
200-730 words

Honor

How are you honoring someone who has gone in any way? How does it make you feel? 

Prompt 3
200-550 words
Coping

How do you cope with grief or any sadness? 

RULES AND INFORMATION
  • Don't stress over the word limit. Feel free to go over it with any one of the prompts. 
  • I do ask that you please meet the minimum requirement for the word count.
  • All the prompts may be written as a short story, poem, essay, summary, or even a script. Get creative, and do whatever you feel is the best way to write it!
  • When submitting a prompt, please put the title of your piece and then the number of the prompt you're writing, plus the contest name. Example: "Your Title #hopecontest3"
  • DEADLINE IS MAY 1ST FOR ALL SUBMISSIONS

PRIZES
  • 1ST PLACE: 10 likes and 5 reviews
  • 2ND PLACE: 5 likes and 3 reviews
  • 3RD PLACE: 3 likes and 2 reviews​​​

• Tushar Mandhan

So I read your comment in which you have a separate word limit for poetry and hence I'd love to submit another poem for prompt 2-

• Princess Maria

For prompt 1

• Eleanor M

Of course! Thanks for submitting!! :D

• mia_:)

I'm not sure if this totally fits prompt 1, but let me know what you think! :D

• Eleanor M

To Tushar, thanks!! Can't wait to read it!

To mia, I'm so glad! I hope it proves to be a good contest! :D And thank you so much, that means a lot to hear. :)))

• mia_:)

I really want to enter! These are great prompts! I've wanted to write a script for a while now, so will maybe experiment with that. I hope your mom feels better! You and your family are super strong!! <3

• Tushar Mandhan

So, here's my entry for prompt 1-

• Eleanor M

Yeah, you can submit that!

• Tushar Mandhan

I have a piece that fits prompt 1 but it's a little bit under word limit (190 words). Can I submit it?

• HelpMe512

Okay here it is I had to censor some of it but it shouldn't be an issue!
    for prompt 1:

• Eleanor M

It's okay about the word limit! I'm definitely being as flexible as can be in that regard.
    About the swearing, I'd like you to keep it to the level of "damn" and "hell". I'm sorry if that complicates it in any way (and I probably should have included that in the rules), but that's about as much as you can include.

• HelpMe512

Also its gonna be WAY above the word limit if thats okay

• HelpMe512

I'm working on a submission right now, but I have a question. Is a little bit of swearing okay? I want the really extreme emotions to be accentuated by harsh language.

• Eleanor M

Of course! I'm being pretty flexible with the word counts, but the minimum for a poem is 50 words.
    Thanks for asking!

Is there a different minimum word count for poetry submissions?