emmiewrites

hey! i'm from australia, and i'm thirteen. some of my hobbies include drawing, writing, reading as watching shows. i'm a libra, i love life and i never have a favourite author for long. i write over-dramatic, sad and no-happy-ending stories.

"when people write, nothing can possibly be chimera. writing breathes colour to the world around you. your imagination is the paintbrush."
lowercase intended :)

crazy little thing called 'love'

1
love.
it's such a simple four letter word. 
sometimes we hear it and think of all things that make our heart go aflutter.
the rosy-pink cheeks, midnight kisses and affectionate hugs.
for some, love is a bond of kinship.
you know, those people that just sit there and hold you, as your walls break down and the tears keep flowing.
and for the unfortunate,
love is a galaxy of stars in the night sky, twinkling ever so brightly,
but far from reach. 
love is everywhere, literally.
you furry friend is love. your warm comfy bed is love. that steaming plate of fried chicken is love.
no, i swear, it's all love okay? that stuff doesn't just appear out of nowhere.
love is ever-present within our lives.
sometimes, our mind drifts astray with all of life's struggles, and we deceive ourselves until we can't see clearly anymore.
we become blind to all the smiles, the 'how was your days' and all the people that are truly there for us.
we are our own heart-breakers, when we trap ourselves inside a cage devoid of love.
love is crazy, and it can make people do unimaginable things they regret.
love makes you frustrated, makes you yell and swear until you're all out of energy and the only thing you're wondering is-
why? why did i do that? why can't i love?
but it's life's fuel, the ultimate energy, and the greatest superpower we all have.
start to say that three letter sentence more often.
when life gets tough, remind yourself of who you cherish and fight for.
yep, i'm talking about 
'i love you.' <3

i haven't written in so longgg! here's a small ode to love ;)