V-Rose

14
Catholic
Sagittarius
Writer/Reader

Do not be so open-minded that your brains fall out.
-G.K. Chesterton

Write as if your life depends on it
(It might)

Need/Want a Review?
Just Ask!

I will post prompts that I find/ have found here. If you find inspiration with these (which I hope you do) please let me know. I really like all of the prompts I find and I would love to see what you guys make of them. I'll change the prompts every week or so so that there is always something new.

Prompt #4
In an alternate universe, the caution sign "Children at play" is not what it seems. It is a warning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The best way to start the day is with a cup of coffee and a good book.
-V-Rose

The Eclipse: Chapter 1

7
No one knew who I was. I was born in this small town, raised in this area, and no one knew who I was. I was invisible. People ignored me, pretended I wasn't there, and that was the way I liked it. It was wonderful and quiet and no one yelled at me. Usually. But today, being ignored was not a good thing. The world was dying and no one would listen, not to me. They didn't even know who I was.
    Yucca. Yucca knew me and saw me and spoke to me. But Yucca wouldn't listen to me now. He told me I was crazy. It hurt like someone had stabbed me and then left. He was the only one I thought would believe me. He had listened to me before about Channery and Jason and Gwen. I don't know why he wouldn't believe me now.
    I grabbed at the nearest person's sleeve and tried to get their attention. A man in a torn and patched suit and drunk. Taylor.
    "What do ya want, girl? I ain't got no money." He pulled out of my grip forcefully as I tried to explain. He stumbled off, weaving in and out of the street. Cars honked at him angrily.
     I fell to my knees and willed myself not to cry, not to let the tears slip out. Why wouldn't anyone listen? No one saw as the sun slipped under the horizon for the last time, the rays red and bright in the sky. It looked just like it did every night, but I could feel it. This was the last time it would set and it would never rise again. The moon was crying. I could see it, the tears were blue and green and the ocean shined in them. There was no man in the moon, only a girl like me, trapped in a place where no one took notice of her. The world was not experiencing a natural disaster we could heal from. And it wasn't as if it was the world's fault either.
    It was mine.
    It was my fault the sun would refuse to rise and the earth would refuse to spin and the moon would have to hide to survive.
     I brushed the tears from my eyes before they fell and tried to stand. If no one would listen to me then I could not help them. I had tried but no one wanted to believe me. I stood unsteadily, turned on my heel, and ran. My feet slammed into the ground and with every footfall, the world died a little more. I tried not to look back; my whole life was back there. Yucca, who told me he loved me when the rest of the world didn't know I was there. My big sister, who despite hating me, helped me get by when my parents kicked me out. There wasn't much back there-- not much more than lots of pain-- but it was the place I was born and I didn't want to leave that behind forever. The breath I took hitched and I wiped my eyes again. A broken sob escaped as I ran. I had to get to the only place the world might stand a chance of survival. If the people wouldn't listen to me, then they couldn't be saved. But I still had a pack to protect and defend.

• Elizabeth Lewis

So good! It is so well written, and it compels you to read it! Good job! :) Revelation 21:4

• Coolgirl2020

Woah, I can't believe I reviewed this twice. Well, it a good read both times.

• Coolgirl2020

Dropping a review! XD

• books4life

oo!!! love the new changes, I'm super intrigued. Looking forward to the next chapter and the new chapters to your other stories!