Watermelon by apofiss

Ricé

Hi, my real name is Jasmine. I love music, especially classical and jazz, and also fruit. Fruit is good.

I am not actually a big fan of writing, but I will keep writing to see how I can improve.

This is my first piece of writing here... I joined to complete something for my english class, but I might stay!

Pulled back in

PROMPT: Where Were You?

0

"Where were you?" Well I guess running away doesn't work like in books and movies and dreams. It lasted a total of 3 hours and 12 minutes.

"I was worried sick about you, Dad had already typed 9-1- by the time you showed up, one more button pressed and the police would have been involved." I feel guilt, since I didn't intend for it to go like this, and then embarrassment because now everyone knows. I feel frustration that fictional characters plan and execute theirs flawlessly while I just get yelled at.

"What in the world were you thinking?" I was thinking to find a better family, since you obviously will never approve of me. But I won't tell you anything because you won't understand. You mix everything up if I told you what I was thinking you would misunderstand me or disbelieve me.

"I can't believe what you did..." I can't believe you either! I can't say anything about how I really feel and all I can do is go cry somewhere, silently. Thank you, mother, for your love and support.