Anne Blackwood

16
Theatre kid
Singer (soprano)
Poet
Twin (fraternal)
Spoonie
Disfusive
Highly Sensitive Person
Living oxymoron
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

So I wrote and posted this a while back, and now the amazing poetri's started a trend of pieces kinda like it (obviously not plagiarism on her part), so I thought I'd republish it.

She Is Beautiful

20
She is a mess of contradictions
"Opposites attract" written into her soul

When she speaks and her words come out skewed
She bites her tongue as if taming that rogue machine would stop the embarrassment
Then she usually laughs, because she's learned that it doesn't pay to stay serious

On occasion, she forgets and throws too many thoughts into a poem
But she to runs to her Father and is renewed

Her heart is not weak, but it can be fragile
She refuses to give up on those she loves
And she knows how to hold someone's hurting hand

It's not always easy, the way she tries so hard
Sometimes she begins to bend over backwards - in pain
But she's learning to walk with her head held high

She has music woven around the corner of her eye
Precious and imperfect

It's okay that she doesn't make sense
Messy and indescribable

Her smile will always continue to light the world
Beautiful and beautiful
This piece means embracing yourself and believing you are worthy of the love that you so freely give others.
Republished for OpalDove's comp.

• anemoia by a thread

I love the message about makeup, and the "beautiful soul" line. I can't believe I hadn't read through it thoroughly before. Enhance, don't cover up or change or rely on makeup. And the ending with the question—bam. Really left me and most everyone else with something to think about. I've continually tried to ask myself, how am I using this product? My mom asked me, do you feel like you can't go anywhere without it? I've stopped wearing eye shadow since school started; it just felt like too much work and like I was trying too hard, but I have started on eyeliner. But I'm glad to say that I think I've reached a point where I can take it or leave it and feel confident. And I'll forget that I'm not wearing mascara or eyeliner (I've never done foundation, but facial stuff has no point with masks) because there are more important things to focus on.
    Sorry, this got long. (why am i always saying that? everything i do is overwriting, overtalking, and rambling.) ;)

• anemoia by a thread

This is powerful. Also, I just found your YouTube channel! Listening to your speech was so much more powerful than reading it. The personal anecdote really hits hard. The background piano drives the tone and message, and your reading is impeccable.

• wil

I really like this. It is really good for confidence and I like the Christian message.

This is so beautiful...i have no words...

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Hey so check it my comments from Con! :)

• dead account

re: ppl sort of fetishize mixed race people for being 'exotic'. ;/

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

But he said he’s of Asian decent so.... we’ll see!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Wow! This is so impactful and skillfully written!
    Re: haha, yes! I’ll let you know what he says! XD

I love the last line! And the one about her Father, it's so reassuring and happy.
    Replying: Yeah, I might consider publishing...mostly the stories are just a bunch of short snippets of some plot I don't really have planned out. I guess if I get enough of them I could just turn them into chapters.

beautiful. Honestly Anne,I will never stop hyping up how talented you are.You are truly inspirational. And this might sound cheesy but I feel like your poems speak to me and touch something in my heart that I don't really know.Maybe its because I relate to you so much.I never thought I would cry after reading a poem but I'm crying now and I don't know why.

• Tushar Mandhan

I loved it so much. It gives a sense of relief......I don't have a word to describe but like a sense of....fulfilment or..happiness. Great job!

• mia_:)

Replying: Thanks for the suggestion! You always have such good advice! :D

• WhispersOfGray

Absolutely beautiful.