Dragon-Like-Tendencies

*cue screaming from the distance*

Hoi! I'm Dragon-Like-Tendencies, but you can call me Dragon, I don't mind! I like writing fantasy and sci-fi, but I enjoy a bit of realistic fiction too. I suck at poetry though, lol. I like applying to different contests to share and improve my works. If your my competition, well, best of luck! I hope I get to read your stories too! I am currently working on a novel known as "Long Lost", which will be posting biweekly, or whenever I can. I also randomly post short stories and sometimes very sucky poetry works. Good luck out there, and see you soon!

and repeat until thin

5
I wake up in the dark. 

I know without looking at the clock that's 3:00. I have two hours and thirty minutes before I have to exist, I have no right to be up. 

I get up. I feel the complaints from my body as I get up out of the warm blankets and into the cool air. Good morning. I start with one foot in front of the other, slow at first to avoid falling over and making sound. The floor creaks loudly, though I know no one can hear it, it makes me nervous.

Bang. Mom comes through the door. "What are you doing up? You should be sleeping." I stand there, dumb. No excuse.

If she comes in, I could say I was getting my water. That I was thirsty. 

No one comes in. I ride on my imagination, crafting horror stories if I was found. I knew if I could get in at least 2,000 steps before I crawled back into bed, I could get another 3,000 at school going from class to class. Then I could pace when I got home. 10,000 before I went to bed. If I was lazy. 

‚ÄčLazy fat ass. Disgusting. You can't even walk for a couple minutes? Disgrace.

When Mom comes in to wake me up, I'll take a shower and put on clothes. She'll go down stairs and make me nice, nutritious breakfast. Feeding a growing child. "Feed the machine", as dad would say. It would probably be a waffle with peanut butter, with a breakfast shake. Maybe she'll let me put the peanut butter on myself. That will be about 215 calories. If she lets me put the peanut butter on. If I can dump half my shake without her looking. 

Lunch is easy. I don't want the food. I can give it to the girl in math, she runs track and needs extra food. Even my peanut butter and jelly is easy, I don't want it. 

I don't want it.
I don't want it. 
I don't want it. 

Carrots are good. They fill me up and keep me going through science. When I get home, mom will probably make me a snack bigger then my lunch. Manchego cheese, four slices, and celery with raisins and peanut butter. My nutritionist would be proud, that's four food groups. 

500 calories. 

At minimum.

And you couldn't even stay strong not to eat it, idiot. You ate the manchego. All the way down to the wax. Fatso. You're just plain disgusting. 

Dinner was made by Stephanie tonight. She made breakfast for dinner, a bagel with cream cheese, eggs and spinach, and bacon. Juice. 610 calories. 

Disgusting failure. 

I wonder what we would eat today. 

Pace. Pace. Pace. Extra steps loses extra calories. 10,000 steps burns 200 calories. God knows I need it, I probably weigh like 100 on the scale. Though I wouldn't know. The scale was thrown out by Mom.

My mind stops wandering and I feel the push of boredom. I stop and look at my toes, then drop my palms to the floor. I lower my body and push up again. And again. 

And again. 

I'm not tired. I don't get tired. I don't feel anything. 

I no longer wonder why Stephanie called insomnia boring. Its only been 15 minutes of pacing, and I feel boredom breathing down my neck. Telling my to crawl back into bed. Making my limbs hurt. Making my head hurt. Making me lazy. 

Lazy fat ass. Dumb, lazy, disgusting.

I get up from my pushups. I don't know how many I did. I keep pacing. 

I know without looking at the clock it's 3:30.

• Tomb of Jade (#spookified)

wow. this is heartbreakingly real and so powerful!

• Dragon-Like-Tendencies

Thank you so much! This piece was a long time in the making. It means a lot to hear what you think of it! <3

• A Certain Type of Decisive

This is... powerful. And scary. And real. I want to say more, but I don't even know what else there is, this is well written and it consumed my whole head, I couldn't stop to think when I read it-- good job.