Grace Ow

Since I was young, I was a voracious reader and had a deep love of words and the way they could be used to convey meaning. I hope that my words and my stories would have a positive impact on others.

Every face that we see in a crowd has a story behind it. I am trying my best to listen, tell and share all the stories that I can.

To My Future Self

PROMPT: Dear Me

1

When you read this, you will be graduating from college or getting married or having children. When you read this, you will be meeting and hanging out with a different set of people. When you read this, you will be looking at the world through different lenses.

I know that so many things have changed, and there are so many questions I would love to ask you. How's mum and dad? Are they living happily in some apartment, spending time with each other and on the things they love to do, after so many years of being busy with us and their other responsibilities? How about our friends? Do you still know where they are? Do you guys still talk, or have they simply vanished off the face of the Earth? What about your job and colleagues? Are they friendly, and are they a joy to work with? Is your job something you look forward to every morning when you wake up?

I hope that even though so many years have passed, you can still close your eyes and find yourself back in a time where things were simpler. I hope you will still remember the stories your mother read, or the way your father would lift you up and carry you across the room. I hope you will still hear the chime of the school bell, the sound of children laughing and shouting in your head as if you have never left the building. I hope you will shake your head at the hilariously childish antics of a group of teenagers, or roll your eyes at all their puns and laugh away all their sarcastic jokes.

I hope all these things I have said have come to pass, and that even though so much has changed, you are still happy and healthy. No matter what you accomplish in life, and no matter where you end up, please remember to love and cherish yourself, as well as the people around you. I wish you all the best, and I look forward to meeting you someday.

Love,
 Your fifteen-year-old self

1