Peer Review by CatCrazy0430 (United States)

Scribble Scrabble

By: BlueWriter

A weight on my shoulders, a rock in the spring,
Oh, how we wait, for a glorious thing.
A happening of myths, and tales untold,
How far will we wait?
How far will it go?

:))))))

Love the rhyming patterns/format and overall flow of this. I LOVE reading and writing pieces like this, ones that are short, yet chock full of emotion. It makes you feel empathy, sadness, whatever is trying to be conveyed, while leaving much up to the readers imagination.

What was the inspiration for this? How long did it take? Did you have a specific goal in mind when you started to write?

For this piece in particular, I really REALLY enjoy the rhyming!!!! So many shorter pieces already have a specific message they want to get across, (Which is not a bad thing!) and in order to do this often make rhymes or questionable decisions that interrupt the natural flow of the work, just to get a point across. This work however, does not do that. It has a natural flow and rhythm, and you don't have to work at all in order to read what was truly written. Phenomenal! *Loud clapping from corner of room where I'm curled up with a fluffy blanket and my dog while it rains buckets and turtles and squirrels and all sorts of other things*