aryelee

19 and boppin

out of the deck of lgbt cards, im the ace

im dippin in like one week y'all should know where to find me by now

y'all got my whole heart #WTWSignOff

28

Hey everyone!

I'm about 19.5 now, so my account will be deactivated very, very soon. I actually got an email telling me to write this months ago, but I put it off because I didn't want to say goodbye yet. I'm not sure the exact day I'm being deactivated, but it will be soon, so I figured now is a good time to get this out to everyone.

I came onto Write the World years ago. Back before it really had this vibrant, thriving community. Leaving comments rarely happened, even getting a few likes was rare. I had accepted that this is how it is and decided not to spend too much of my time here when I had other, smaller communities to share my writing with (mostly my rl friends). And then, suddenly, you all appeared and gave this place a soul.

User-hosted competitions were popping up, offers to review and comment were handed out, everyone started interacting more and making friends and slowing improving our work post by post. The support you've show me and each other is astounding. It really is. Don't be intimidated by others, no matter how big their follower count is or how much you admire their work. Talk to each other. Support each other. Comments don't have to be deep; just express what reading a piece made you feel, what you liked about it, but support each other.

The reason I became more active on this site is because I saw that more people were posting and interacting and you're all so incredibly talented that I wanted to support you as best as I could, through likes and comments. And I'm overjoyed each time one of you like or comment on my work as well.

Now that I'm about to leave, I really wish I had more time to read all your upcoming work and tell you how much I love it, even if it's mostly in keysmashes. And I wish I could post more on here because I love seeing your thoughts on my work and seeing what made you laugh, or cry, or want to fight me. It's thanks to all of you that I've improved, especially in regards to poetry, and found the courage to post short stories in genres I've never really written in before (like horror/mystery or realistic fiction).

I know a lot of you have questions about your accounts deactivating when you turn 19.5, or just questions in general, so if you leave a comment, I'll be sure to answer (so long as I'm here on the site). My work will most likely also disappear, but I have it posted in other places and in a Google Doc, so if there's anything you want to see posted elsewhere so you can read it again, let me know and I'll get on it!

Thanks for everything. You guys are the best.

aryelee.

• Tushar Mandhan

I hope to find your pieces on a shelf, in a store, under the banner which read 'Bestseller'
    All the best!

• Riley Noel

I want to wish you the best of luck and, where ever life takes you, I hope you continue to write without hesitation, love with your whole heart, and dream big!

• Johanna

Best of luck!! Where else can we find you?? I'll love to read more of your work!!

• Norah

I'm so ready for the next chapter in your writing life to begin! I'm so glad we could provide community and warmth in this online place, we'll miss you! Spread you wings and best of luck in everything to come. <3

• the contrarian

Best of luck to you.

• Ursa

You're one of the writers I consider an oldie ... you were here before I got here, which seemed like such a long time ago. I hope for you to have all the best, a smooth transition into the new phase of your life, and the strength to overcome your struggles.
    Write free, aryelee.

• New York_dreamer

you shall be missed dearly! thank you for your support of my writing and i hope you thrive in the years to come, your writing is amazing and i am glad i had the honor of reading each one :)

• elisa

also. babe. give me your instagram!!!

• elisa

i’m going to miss you so much!!! you were my first real poetic inspiration when i logged on to this site three years ago, twelve years old and making a lot of regrettable fashion choices. you’re so incredibly talented and though i’m sad to see you go i’m thrilled to hear what you do next

• Dmoral13

As always, keep boppin' <3

• ajamwal

i don't know you very well, but i have seen you a lot. this piece is so well written and HEARTBREAKING, those spaces before aryelee, made just wanna cryyyyyyyy. thank yuw for being such a positive member on wtw. keep writing never stop.

• agustdv

waiiiiit what do you mean you have to leave because you're 19.5,,,, whaaaaat.
    i dont want you to go :( having you read any small thing i wrote truly made my day... this is unfair aaaaa

• babybluelamentations

aryeleeeee noooo we’re going to miss you and your amazing, kind, supportive soul so much. i never really got to know you too well, but i always loved getting comments and support from such an amazing writer like yourself. I am wishing you the best of the best luck in all of your future ventures. never stop creating beautiful things with that genius mind of yours <3

stop reposting this, you're making me sad
    >:(((

• FoxLilly106

Ah! I don't think I've ever seen your account before, but it still saddens me to see another writer have to leave. Just reading through the comments I can tell you are a wonderful person who has given and gained much support. I'm nowhere near that age yet, however I was almost booted off the site by a book I'd been writing. 'Tis a very sad day. I certainly hope to see ya kickin' around on the other sites. I'm on prose, and commaful as well as WtW. Wishing you best of writing, and as always, may the words be ever in your favor!

Fellow Writer,

FoxLilly106

• efflorescence

aaa i wish i'd had the chance to get to know you better!! even so, i can always remember seeing your work on the website, and i've gotten used to reading your beautiful poems in my feed. the site's going to feel emptier without your presence, but i know you'll bloom wherever you're planted <33

• Dmoral13

I agree with everyone who's commented so far, so I feel like I don't want to repeat.
    "Moving on doesn't mean you forget about things." ~Unknown
    Your work here is definitely unforgettable! I hope you don't forget about us!
    "Change is hard at first, messy in the middle, and gorgeous in the end." ~Robin Sharma
    I hope that everything works out for you since shifting on this site will be a change. You're creating a whole in the WTW community, so it'll be hard for us to adjust to your absence. I'm sure you'll become a wonderful person. I believe your fullest potential will be magnificent and a sight worth seeing.
    As always, stay young at the heart and don't let age mean anything. Never stop writing and hopefully I stumble across your work very soon (probably on Prose). If you join other websites, become published, or anything major like that in your writing career, let me know! Here for support! :)
    Also, I always loved your profile picture! I feel like I never said that and it might not be that important but hey-it's great! Plus your quote "out of the deck of lgbt cards, im the ace" is amazing. I feel like so many people feel that.
    Anyway, sorry this is awfully long. Just best of luck, miss you bunches, and keep some pixie dust in your pocket (you might need it). <3

• Ruthh

AAAAAA NO!!! baby!!!!!! my hEART right now!!! You are such an inspiration for me on this site and I adore everything from your profile picture to your beautiful pieces of writing that never fail to take my breathe away. I’m sure that, whatever path you take in life, you will rOCK this world, darling!!! best of luck (though i’m sure you won’t need it) <3

• weirdo

damn it damn it damn it!!! another lovely presence gone, this is heartbreaking! i know i don’t have as much of a strong connection with you as many others on this site, but i just wanna say that i love your work; it brings such a bright smile to my face and i am saddened now that i know i won’t see your writing on this site anymore.
    reach for the sky, goddess, it’s where you belong.
    and, of course, write free~

• loveletterstosappho

:( i adore your writing so much it'll be sad to see you gone! hopefully your life progresses onto bigger and better things and i wish you well! <3

oh my god shut up. THIS IS THE FUCKING SAD THING YOU WERE WRITING, YOU ABSOLUTE (expletives ensue). i'm going to miss your presence here irrevocably. (psst, just between us, make a new account. they'll never notice.) i'm so glad i got to read your work and eventually reach out to you for conversations that transcend writing; you're an absolute gift, and they don't know what they're losing. it's criminal that you've never won an official contest. i swear, i'm going to save every single piece you've posted on here so i can hidey-hole it away for when i'm feeling sad about the world - your writing is full of so much hope and life and i don't think there's going to be anyone as inspiring as you for a long, long time. your comments and likes will be sorely missed, but i'll still support you unconditionally on prose.

good luck with the future. please don't stop writing.

• jeily

this made me unspeakably sad because i always saw your work on here right from the very beginning when i first joined wtw and it's insane to think that in a few weeks' time your username won't pop up anymore on my dashboard. and although we never really interacted, i wish you all the best for you and your future!

• bambiamby

i hope you continue writing even after you leave because i love your pieces that you post. best wishes for you and your future :))

Awwww sad you're going (even though I haven't actually met you before) Good luck with your real life! Lol ^u^