Jasmine_K

she/her. 16, i write poetry
if poems disappear they have been submitted to a mag/contest, wish me luck!
est. sometime in 2017
currently waiting for wtw's 3rd golden age

This piece came from me playing around with art imagery as well as some more exploration of my favourite summer & religious imagery. Feedback would be very much appreciated for this poem!

i wanna worship you like the art students do (down at your feet)

16
midsummer noon, pour me another cup of chai. deer flies lazy circling your cupid's bow,
getting stuck in all that lip gloss.
i know you are used to the attention, hometown hero/ prom queen.
hold still for me darling,
okay? i am trying to paint you seared into my retinas.
gouache does no justice to your beauty; I know, I'm trying my best.
turn your head to the charred sun for me- right there. see how it sits plump and drowsy, at the gospel crease of your palm.
you're a damn vision in those angel wings.

• ava09

this is beautiful the imagery is searing and it's just incredible.

I did not expect this!!! It is so beautifully written and I absolutely love the imagery! Amazing writing! <3

"turn your head to the charred sun for me- right there. see how it sits plump and drowsy, at the gospel crease of your palm" "deer flies lazy circling your cupid's bow, getting stuck in all that lip gloss." this is so gorgeous? how do you craft such a masterful poem in only a few lines?

• BurningMidnightOil

Gods, this piece is so, so beautiful. The imagery—ugh—it’s so gritty?? And real and lovely?? Really, the words you used are so purposeful and enhanced the subject so masterfully. I have one suggestion, however, perhaps you could elongate this by a few lines? I feel as if you could do a bit more with it, but it’s great the way it is nonetheless. Fantastic work as always.