aralyn.kay

black lives matter

Seven Delights

PROMPT: Seven Delights

3
Saturday-
I got her letter today. She said one day we would move down to Brazil and live with our friends. She said then she would finally get to kiss me. She made me a necklace, which I'm going to wear every day. That day in Brazil cannot come soon enough. 
Sunday-
I woke up early. I colored, and I got to see my little brother. I miss being that young and innocent, but then again, we both had to grow up too fast. I'm just glad I'm here for him. Here, and not in a facility. At home, and not at a hospital. We looked at possible puppies. I got to speak to her. 
Monday-
My mom and I went to the mall. I spent money on myself. I went to a store that reminded me of her, and I got these overalls that I thought she would like. 
Tuesday-
My aunt came over. We watched Lady and the Tramp, and it was sweet to see two completely different dogs fall in love and never let go. 
Wednesday-
I watched Princess and the Frog. Tiana reminds me of her- they’ve both been through so much, but they both kept moving forward. I guess that’s kind of my motto. (What’s a motto?) (nothin, what’s a motto with you?) 
Thursday-
My mom and I talked. She said she'd be getting me a dog. It was a small happiness, but it grew over time. I'm excited.
Friday- 
I spent time with my cousins. I ate, and I didn't care about the calories, or the carbs, or any of it- we had fun, and for the first time in months, I ate without caring.