aralyn.kay

black lives matter

My Moms

Hi! My name is Avie. I'm six years old, and I have a golden retriever named Auggie, and a fish named Hulk. He's not green, but Mama really likes Marvel. Mommy really likes Star Wars.
I like them both. But I also like Wonder Woman. She's really cool. I couldn't watch the movie, because I'm too little. But Mama told me about Wonder Woman, and I really like her. In Star Wars, I really like Anakin Skywalker- he's awesome. But Mommy says I won't like him later. I've only seen a little bit of the movies. 
Sorry, I forgot to say! Mama has red hair- it's really short. Mommy has really long and dark brown hair- she usually just says it's black- even though it's not. That's how I learned to tell them apart. I learned that when I was really little- like, one! That was five whole years ago. That's a long time. Also, Mama has really pale skin. Mommy has darker skin. That's another way I tell them apart. I have a mix of both.
I know a lot of other kids are different than me. Sarah Grace doesn't have a golden retriever and a fish- she just has a fish named Blue. Mama doesn't think that's as good of a name as Hulk. I don't think so either. Her fish isn't even blue- it's red. Mommy laughed and said that was called irony. I don't know what that means. 
Anyway, I go to South Bridge Elementary School. My teacher's name is Mr. Davis. He's really cool. I asked him today why he has tattoos. He said it's because those pictures are important to him. I want to get a tattoo when I grow up. It's going to be a picture of a pony. I really want a pony when I grow up! Mama said that was a good idea. Mommy said we should all move out to a farm and get a whole bunch of ponies. I don't think she was being for real. 
I don't know why people say such mean things to Mama and Mommy sometimes. I 'm not even allowed to say them. But they tell me not to worry about it!
We love each other, and that's what counts.

The moms are me and my girlfriend. I hope we have a child like this, so bright eyed and open minded. 

• February 16, 2020 - 11:22am (Now Viewing)

• aralyn.kay

Aww thank you both!

• Sadiez

This is so cute! It actually made me a bit emotional, as I felt I could totally relate as I am a lesbian that wants kids some day. And I hope that exact same thing that they are open minded and able to live in an equally open minded world.

• poetri

Okay this is my favorite thing I've read all day. All the best to you and your girlfriend :)