Mary Wall

Aspiring Author
Dancer
Bookdragon
Icecream Consumer
Daughter of the King
Dessert Craver
Homeschooler
Adventurer
Dreamer
Coffee Drinker
Fangirling over the Ranger Apprentice Series
ISFJ

Just for fun. :)

irusu

2
I tossed another cheeto in a high arch and it landed smartly in Kate's open mouth. Laughing, she took the best bow she could while kneeling as I clapped from my spot on the couch. 
    "That's twenty-eight in a row, Ruth! I beat you so hard!" Kate celebrated, flopping back onto the pile of pillows that were the result of our earlier pillow fight. 
    I rolled my eyes and popped a cheeto into my mouth, normal-style, and then licked off the orange film that clung to my fingers.
    "My record's with fritos actually. It's Devon who's the genius with cheetos," I said. Kate humphed, grabbed the remote that had been accidentally dropped on the floor and played the sappy chick flick we were watching. We quieted for a minute, but neither of us were very interested in it anymore. It was our third chick flick marathon that month. 
    "Did you ever wonder why octopuses got eight arms, in the ocean, while we only get two, here, were they would be very helpful?" Kate asked. We stared at each other for a full five seconds, straight faced. Then we cracked up and I rolled off the couch laughing. 
    Just as our hysterical laughter was calming to stifled hiccups, the doorbell rang and we froze. With wide eyes, I mouthed, "Did you order pizza?" 
    Kate shook her head. "Did you?"
    "I'm allergic to tomatoes!" I whispered. 
    "What do we do?" 
    "Sh!" 
    Neither of us moved while the bell was rung again. After a moment, we heard a woman's voice. 
    "Ruth Dean! Open this door immediately!" 
    My jaw dropped, and Kate raised her eyebrows in a question. 
    "It's my aunt!" I jumped up and quickly unbolted the door. When I opened it, my middle-aged aunt was standing on the steps in jean overalls and a sunhat, an pink umbrella hooked over her arm. 
    "That's more like it," she said, looking me up and down. Self-consciously I remembered I was in sweats and one of my brother's sweatshirts. Then she looked past me, and eyes widened. She looked like her heart just did a backflip. "This house is as mess! Good thing I'm here now!" She bustled past me, into the house and instantly started barking orders. 
    Kate and I exchanged a look. So much for our weekend.
Irusu: Japanese word meaning "pretending that nobody is at home". 

• Mary Wall

You definitely should!

• V-Rose

Thanks for looking at my story! I've been thinking of putting my other chapters on here but I wasn't sure if I should.

• V-Rose

I thought this was really funny and honest! My friends and I have never gotten in trouble for leaving the house a mess. But that's because I have siblings to blame it on. I loved it!

Hey, quick question... could you read and take a look at this piece I've written for a book?
    If you can, I'd be sooooo grateful!

KEEP WRITING!!!! I'm still smiling from reading this!

• Mary Wall

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

• K-9crazy

This story was hilarious! I had a good laugh!