V-Rose

14
Catholic
Writer/Reader
"You need coffee and a good book!"
-V (me)
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
-Benjamin Franklin
Rohan's Defender's twin

PROMPT BELOW!
If you find inspiration with these, let me know. I would love to see what you guys do.

Prompt #12
Write about why he waited at the airport.
~
Check out Rohan's Defender!

LMK if you'd like to be updated on any of my series.

Death's Tales
Death follows Hades everywhere. Then an undying boy shows up and befriends her. How will it end for him?

Never Really Real
Heartbreak feels numb. At least to Maya. She loves reading and books. And she has her friends. See how she survives school and life.

Flying on Broken Wings
She doesn't know who she was. But she's learning and it's scary.

St. Valentine's Day Dance

11
Cowards.

They were cowards. Couldn't even get up the nerve to dance. And they were the ones who really wanted a school dance. The girls weren't even getting up to dance. Not even with their St. Valentine's dates. It was just me, Jayla, Mary, and Racheal out on the gym floor, acting like maniacs who don't know how to dance. We don't but... who cares. We were having fun. And at least we were trying to dance. No boy had asked me to dance, and I kind of doubted one would. After all, what did I say? Cowards, every one.

I sat down as the song ended, my heart still pumping along to the rhythm and my feet as sore as I'd ever felt them. Racheal sat down next to me. Mrs. Jacob's voice came over the microphone. "Boys' choice." I sighed and leaned back for a moment. It was hot in the gym and I could feel my hair becoming a little damp. It wasn't too bad though. Mary came and grabbed my arm.

"If they don't ask us to dance," she said. "We'll dance anyway."

I nodded in agreement and we began dancing like it was the last thing we'd ever do. We grabbed hands and spun around, nearly losing grasp of each other. Racheal and Jayla came to join us and we got in a circle and went in and out, in and out. It was fun and we were all laughing. Then we spun around again and Mary fell. We got quiet for a moment as we looked at her. And then we all started laughing again as we helped her up. The song changed and once more, it was boys' choice. We kind of just stood on the corner of the dance floor for a minute, catching our breath. And then steadily, boys came and asked my friends to dance. Issac asked Racheal, which was unexpected but kind of cool. Racheal had had a crush on him since he arrived at the school in 6th. The twins, Josh and Jonah, asked Mary and Jayla to dance, and within seconds, I was left standing alone.

I kind of shrugged and then looked toward the black doors. I could leave. There were only seven minutes left of the dance and I hadn't bought a raffle ticket. I began to make my way across the room, stepping out of couples' way. And then somebody tapped my shoulder. I sighed. It was probably my sister, here to tease me a bit. But when I turned around, it wasn't her. It was Daniel Kenith, one of the boys in my 8th-grade class.

"Hey," he said.

"Hey," I responded warily.

"Do you want to dance with me?" He fiddled with his hands, putting them in his pockets, folding them, crossing his arms. Wow, this was weird, like beyond weird.

"I guess."

He nodded and kind of swallowed. Was he... nervous? "So... was this a dare?" I asked.

He shook his head as he took my right hand in his left and put his other hand on my waist. "It just took me a while to get up the nerve to ask you to dance."

I almost snorted. See what I mean, cowards. "I'm serious," he said.

"I'm sure you are," I responded as solemnly as possible.

We danced in silence for a minute. Two steps forward, one step back. Two, one. After a few minutes, the song began to end and Daniel pulled me off to the side.

"I like you, Kayle."

What? That was so totally unexpected and... What the heck do you say to that? "Did you hit your head or something?" I asked.

He laughed and shook his head. "No, I just finally decided to tell you that I like you. Will you be my Valentine?"

"I...I..." And then I punched him in the arm. "Dude, find a better way to do something ask then just saying you like a girl."

He smiled. "Was that a yes?"

I tried to scowl instead of smile. "Maybe. I have to think on it." His smile widened. He knew it was an eventual yes. Not that I would say that. Yet.

2

• CreativeAngel

I love the piece :)

• Joey M.

So cute!

• mason wong

Request a part 2

• mason wong

This is so good

• Potatopleb

Awwwwwwww :) This reminds me of that endearing awkward middle school love. It's a pretty good story, short, sweet, just what I needed to relax. Good work mate :)