Dmoral

est. 2018
she/her | junior
semi active; chaotic life.
published writer + classics enthusiast.
obsessed with name titled poetry & songs.

final draft, enjoy! i'd love some comments!!

living life with concepts

25

had tea with inevitability,
toasted her for my future;
told her i knew i'd die anyway.

met with eternity,
kissed her a farewell on both cheeks;
told her this wasn't for me.

baked alongside promise,
gave her blueberry muffins;
told her i couldn't keep anything.

waved to closure,
whispered words that hurt our ears;
told her it was time to let go.
lowercase intentional.
Finished: 2/2020
Edited: 7/2020
Big thanks to @
K.L. Rose for her review!

• August 9, 2020 - 11:57am (Now Viewing)

• ambedo & sugar cookies (#holidayvibes)

WOW. THIS. I... yeah, what Wisp said.

• Wisp

The personification!!! Oh goodness I cannot even tell you how much I love this. Each feeling (inevitability, eternity, promise, closure) ahhh the way you describe them in such little snippets is remarkable. Like you’ve embodied each feeling in these brief personifications and it’s absolutely brilliant. And I love how you describe each interaction, it just fits so well with each emotion and thought. Gosh your writing is on a whole other level and that’s one of the things I absolutely love about it.

"waved to closure, / whispered words that hurt our ears; / told her it was time to let go." aaaah why did this hit so hard? the personification is so masterful: fitting, clever, and somber. promise's stanza hurt!

This is so novel and sweet! Your style is one of my favorites—so matter-of-fact but also descriptive. I love it!

• .amelia.

Haven't got the chance to say but this is one of my favourite pieces and wtw <3

the personification is spot on, lovely and formal aesthetic established and the curt rhythm
    (probably just me for the last one :p)

so simple yet beautiful

• Jo Margaux

I love this! It creates such interesting imagery!

• dovetrees

oooh i love everything about this!! from the wording to the concept, everything is just amazing! it's so simple but so powerful, and it was one of the best pieces i've read!

• youknowme

this is brilliant, the sense of closure you provide is sbabfbhfbfr, and the first para had my hard 'told her i knew i'd die anyway' . peak poetry

asdl;kfjasdlf this was short and just absolutely beautiful in its simplicity and oh god CLOSURE. just wow, this whole piece just reeks of something so intensely bittersweet that you can't help but to feel a little melancholic after reading it. like wow, just compel me to go write some angst, will ya? i'll be back if i ever need a tone setter to read before writing or just to plain soak up this brilliance again. ;-; i really love this piece.