BurningMidnightOil

currently burning the midnight oil.
angsty, tumultuous soul
fly free, icarus
live perdurably, achilles

poetry: it's what i drink, it's what i read at 3am, it's what i'm crying over

i'd love if you could leave some feedback or critiques, likes can only tell so much:)

i'm bloated with impiety and the red sea

3
when will we commit heresy? you promised me years ago--do you remember? breathe the aching of jesus as he is pinned to a cross of damnation. i suppose it's a blessing for you; he's drinking the poison for you. this is pretty pointless, i'm a pagan hellenist, but i think i'll continue this utter blasphemy anyway. they say god isn't real--those atheists--but what else can we stow our faiths in? it's easier to pin the snakes that crawl from our throats on the milk-skinned gods. you, me; we will run with gaping mouths into the red sea, where maybe, just maybe, moses will part it for us.

Finished: ‚Äč(10/02/2020 1:06PM)

i really have no idea what i was thinking when i wrote this, it just sort of came to me as i typed. apologies for the strangeness and the jumbled state it's in. i've been a complete mess the last few months. i barely feel like i'm floating; half-sinking and half-floating. it's just this routine of doing the exact same things everyday is slowly eating up my physical and emotional resolve. and on top of that, i'm struggling to find myself. who am i? what defines me? apologies again for all this nonsense.

• Wicked!

This is? Beautiful? "they say god isn't real--those atheists--but what else can we stow our faiths in? it's easier to pin the snakes that crawl from our throats on the milk-skinned gods" is literally so damn amazing. I love this; it feels like some sort of really beautiful painting that I don't quite understand but am awed by anyway (I don't really know the biblical story here).
    Also I guess that I get what you feel like; routine sucks the soul out of me, and right now I want to just pack some clothes and leave for some place that I haven't even ever heard of. I don't know if that makes sense.

#bemine Competition winners posted!