Cae

High School
African American
“What I ask for the negro is not benevolence, not pity, not sympathy, but simply justice.” -What the Black Man Wants, Frederick Douglass

Love your body, because you are your body, not in the sense of it being the only thing by which you are judged, but in the sense of it being the vessel for your soul and the protector of your mind.

Seven Delights

PROMPT: Seven Delights

3
1st Delight (Sunday): The Wind’s birthday 

Today is her birthday. The Wind’s. The red-haired girl with oceans for eyes. I love the wind, and I thank the elements for this day, for the birth of the breeze.

2nd Delight (Monday): I Was Confident

I wore what I wanted. Purple lipstick and all. I was, for once, enchanted by my own beauty. How strange, how pitiful, how wondrous.

3rd Delight (Tuesday): I was Comforted

I was knee deep in flashbacks to residential treatment, but help came in the form of friends. How peculiar that memories of the past can be shut down by making memories for the future.

4th Delight (Wednesday): Doodling

I’ve been drawing her all day. And writing her letters about the most mediocre things. She might not ever want to see them, but pretending to talk to her brings me peace.

5th Delight (Thursday): Lunch

I sat with two good people. We made fun of school traditions.

6th Delight (Friday): Valentines Day

I challenged myself. I ate candy and kept it down. The world rewarded me with a nice red flower to press for a friend.

7th Delight (Saturday): She got my letter

She got my letter, and the necklace. She said she’d wear it every day. I had really, really needed to hear her voice. I love this woman.

1

• aralyn.kay

I love love love you so much

• poetri

Awww! This is so beautiful! Loved it, one of my favorites I've seen for this prompt!