Deleted User

Go check out part 2 if you enjoyed:
https://writetheworld.com/groups
/1/shared/147057/version/287588

If you enjoyed that, check out part 3:
https://writetheworld.com/groups
/1/shared/149341/version/294156

If you STILL are enjoying, make sure to stick around for part numero 4!

It Was You All Along

36
I stared at the chipped phone screen that was facing me, tracing the crack likes over and over again with my eyes. 

"You know that staring at the screen isn't going to make it new, right?" a male voice says in my ear.

"I know, Neo, but buying a new phone isn't going to stitch up the hole in my pocket," I snap. Neo sighs, resting his chin in his hands, elbows on his knees. 

"I did offer to buy you one, Clove. You never accept my acts of service," Neo tells me gently. I suddenly feel awful for speaking harshly towards him. Even though we were two years apart, we'd been friends since forever, sharing secrets that we vowed never to tell anyone else.  What we didn't know was that we would be separated by the markings.

The markings are a way to find your other half. It's said that back at the beginning of time, humans had two faces. Four arms, four legs, but always one heart. One day, we defied the heavens above and were split apart from our other half. Without them, we would never be whole. They sent us to Earth, far apart from each other, just so that we could suffer. However, as the angels from above watched us mourn and grieve the loss of our souls, they showed us great mercy and gave us a way to find our soulmate through the markings.

I must have reached maturity, because my marking showed up last night.

Neo never liked the markings. He refused to show me his, and told me that once I received mine, he never wanted to hear of it. Rubbing the marking that stained the tan skin on my forearm, I looked away from Neo, tears burning the back of my eyes. I'd worn a hoodie to school just so that Neo wouldn't have to look at the fox that swirled up my bicep and crawled up my shoulder. You'd think the marks would be small, but no. They were about the size of a full-on limb. 

"Maybe I would let you get me something if you'd let me see," I tell him.

There were no other words needed to get my point across. Neo's face went slack; he looked as if though he were playing a game of poker."Why do you always insist?"

"Do you want me to show you mine?"

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"Why not, Neo?"

"Enough of this!" Neo growled at me. "I want nothing to do with markings. They ruin peoples lives. We have no say in who we get to love, and who we get to marry. It's a stupid system."

I stare at him, blatantly shocked. "You don't know that they ruin lives. You don't know that it'll ruin yours, Neo. Why won't you show me yours?"

"Because I'm scared, Clove!" he yells. Softer then, he continues, "I'm so scared that the person who I'm meant to be with will hate me. That I'll hate them."

I reach up at touch his cheek with my palm. I turn his head so that his golden eyes meet mine. He reaches up and puts his hand over mine. "It's okay, Neo. No one could ever hate you. I just don't see how anyone could."

He looks down again, and I ruffle his hair. "Can I please see it?"

Neo doesn't even look at me as he lifts up his sleeve. I'm shook by what I see, grinning at the marking that he bore. Quickly, Neo covered it up and turned back to me. "What?" he asked, cracking his knuckles in anticipation. 

"It was you all along."

Neo stares at me, not understanding what I meant. I unzipped my hoodie. Underneath, I wore a tank top that exposed my shoulder. I didn't pull off the hoodie, but I left it open enough that Neo could see the tail of the fox. Suddenly, Neo reached behind me and tugged down my jacket, uncovering my forearm completely. 

"It was you all along," Neo said, saying the exact words I'd spoken moments earlier. 

Neo wraps me in a relieved embrace, and I notice he's shaking. The tears fall from his eyes and dripped down my arm and into my hoodie. "It was you this whole time!" He breathes against my neck, laughing ever so slightly. I squeeze his mid-section, tears spilling from my own eyes. I was overjoyed that Neo was the one I'd call Soulmate. I couldn't imagine anything without him.

Six Months Later:

I smile up at Neo as we walk down the hallway at school. Seven days till school ended. Seven days till Neo and I would officially be adults. Seven days until we could begin life together. The chatter of the kids in the classroom faded into the background and I stared at Neo's mark. Now that we knew, Neo had been wearing t-shirts to school just so that he could show off his mark proudly. I'd done the same. I still couldn't believe we were soulmates. I got surprised every time I saw his arm.

Noticing me staring at the ink on his skin again, Neo commented, "It's still strange to me too, Clove."

"I just can't fathom..." I feel a sudden urge to look over my shoulder. As any normal person would do, I did what my gut told me. What I saw next made my jaw drop. I knew there had been a transfer student, but I didn't realize he was in my class. The newbie wore a red tank-top, and was sporting white sweats. The black marking that swirled up his arm caught me off guard. 

I glance at Neo, and then at the guy behind us. Back and forth, I looked. Both of the guys were looking at me. "What it is, Clove?" Neo questioned. 

"That's just not possible!" I say a little louder than I mean to. The room goes quiet and everyone look at me as I stand up. Neo watches me walk over to the transfer student, and his jaw drops too. 

"Who's the fake?!" Jackson, one of my classmates, calls out.

"It has to be Neo. Neo's known Clover for a long time! He must have replicated her mark!" Lucy, another of my classmates, remarks. 

"But Adam is new! Maybe he's trying to get attention by replicating their mark!" Tanisha, Lucy's twin, debates. 

Adam, the newbie, and Neo stand up, eyes locked on each other. Neo reaches for my hand and we lace our fingers together. Adam swallows as his stormy grey eyes meet mine. He then looks back at Neo. Neo and Adam were both giants. Neo was 6'5 in height, so that would make Adam 6'6 or 6'7. Either way, I was a midget and didn't know what to do. 

All I knew was that things were going to get complicated.
Should I make a part two? 
fox marking (Similar)
Don't know if the image works. If it doesn't, I'm truly sorry.

• Charisse Marison

Oh my gosh, this is such a good story! Poor Clove man, she doesn't know what the heck is going on XD Anyways, how ru doing?

• Deep_Breaths

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang

• buddingauthor

Oh My God! Part 2 pleaseeeee

• Tushar Mandhan

Ahhh....It was such a great read but the ending.....thankfully you have already written part 2 (now I can sleep peacefully, it's 10:30 pm here)

• Hailie Ogden

MAKE A PART TWO!!! I'M DYING TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!!!!!

• CrazyNinjaKid

Replying: Thankyou!!

*Smiling intenSIFIES!!* XD

Btw, am loving the new profile picture!!!

Go check out part 2 if you enjoyed:

If you enjoyed that, check out part 3:

• rosemarywisdom

I actually love this! Definitely needs a part two; keep it up! :)

• writersblockstinks

I'm begging you, make a part 2!

• ReaganMarie2024

Amazing!!!

• CrazyNinjaKid

Replying:

ahah thanks :PP

• mason wong

this is so freaking good!!!!!

If you don't make a part two I will find you and eat you because this is novel-worthy

• CrazyNinjaKid

And yes, the image worked :P

• CrazyNinjaKid

this is so good foxy!! -ninja <3

• Jothsimar

Hi FoxLilly, I can't seem to figure out how to re - post things, do you mind giving me some instructions?
    Thanks

• Jothsimar

I love the story!!!!! I can't wait to read part 2! This is like what an actual book sounds like. You would make an excellent author! Keep up the good work!!!

• .amelia.

*continues the chant*
    Part 2! Part 2! Part 2!

• WtW's Fantasy League

Hi Corn,
    Welcome to the Fantasy League, yet again! I hope you enjoy the newly refurbished Fantasy League! You are officially registered as an inkling!

From,
    Founder and President of the Fantasy League,
    AJ.

P.S. Knives Out, where to start, I originally thought it was Ransom, but then I thought it was too obvious, and then Ransom turned out to the be the villain! I love the fact about how quirky the house was (that was gonna be one of my prompts along with other ones inspired by the movie ;)) I really want to know how many times Martha puked in the movie. I hope you are excited for March!

• fatpanda

*chants* part 2, part 2, part 2

• The Moving Finger Writes

Oh, I’m loving this so far. I’d love to see another part.

• Joey M.

Oh. my. god. WHY CLIFFHANGERS? I was ready for "and they lived happily ever after", but yeA, things just got way more complicated. Definitely write more ;-; I need to know what's gonna happpeeenn.

Also replying:

Thank you so much for supporting my friend! :) His exact words were: "Aw, your friend is so nice!"
    Aw, Autumn is a cute name. She sounds like a goofy doggo. Dang, it sounds like you got a lot going on. I'd be stressed too XD Good luck with all of it tho!!! Also dances are kinda fun (my school does like 5 each school year). I can't dance either XD I can only slow dance. My friends and I are usually wall flowers (we sat and played uno at our recent dance).
    Anyways, have a good day (or night, idk XD)!!!