Writers of the World

Retired.
Love you all.
[Formerly ran by Dmoral & BurningMidnightOil]

To those who remember us,
Thanks for everything, are 2 years of activity were everything, it was truly amazing.

To those who don't know us,
You missed a heck of a couple of years, but I'm sure your time here will still be amazing. Perhaps one day we'll be back and active. Perhaps.

December (2019) Must Reads!!!

4
Thanks to EVERYONE WHO NOMINATED THESE PIECES AND THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO WROTE THESE AMAZING PIECES!
If you wish to see all October's nominations, please read the comments of our piece titled 'December (2019) Must Read Nominations!!!' Now let's get to the point.

HOW THIS IS COMPOSED:
Categories will be first (in bold).
Next will be the nominated piece (linked) as well as the author (linked)
Following will be a quote from the piece (italicized)
After will be who nominated the piece and why
Last will be our thoughts of the piece
!!Disclaimer: Some categories had more nominations than others, that’s why there are some more must readers than others!
________________________________
Humor
No nominations.
________________________________
Poem
india by agustdv
"the irony of mottled education"
aryelee nominated this piece because " this is an incredibly strong and striking piece. it goes right into the heart of things and lays it all bare for us."
Our view on the piece: Politically interesting, wonderfully expressed emotions and thoughts.

childish wanderlust by babybluelamentations
"hold snakes at eyelash length"
aryelee nominated this piece because "this piece is gorgeously vivid."
Sabine of the Galaxy nominated this piece because "This wonderful piece can feel a bit confusing, but has a deeper, truer meaning."
Our view on the piece: This piece is organized chaos at it's finest and tells of different times, memories, and stories.

heavy with by Norah
"I am heavy with the world"
aryelee nominated this piece because "this is a gorgeous piece that just knocked the wind out of me when i first read it."
Our view on this piece: It's bittersweet and nostalogic, and I feel as thoguh I lived a different life reading this piece.
________________________________
Romantic
No nominations were applicable.
________________________________
Fantasy
No nominations were applicable.
________________________________
One-Liners
No nominations.
________________________________
Simple/Short but powerful
in biology we dissected a pig and i saw myself in its gut by loveletterstosappho
"let's name her juliet"
aryelee nominated this piece because "this piece was very vivid and raw and wonders about the vulnerability we all have the how fragile we are when we open ourselves up."
Our view on this piece: Reflection in a creative way.

Mother Wolf's Lesson by Sabine of the Galaxy
"The wolf's fangs were bloody."
Selfnominated.
Our view on the piece: Different species, maybe, important message, greatly.
________________________________
Historical Fiction
the Lady of Belmont by Anha
"She likes you because you are clever"
aryelee nominated this piece because "her characters are full of life and each have their own unique voice that she uses masterfully. this character study really goes deep into the character of nerissa and anha breathes life into her effortlessly."
Our view on this piece: Characters are deeper than the words written because this author made them real people you could only dream to meet.
________________________________
Tragedy
sea-swallowed by aryelee 
"I dream of drowning."
Anha nominated this piece because "her engaging formatting and lyrical poems - always deserve to be exalted. her use of syntax and ocean metaphors are simply brilliant."
Our view on the piece: This piece almost seems broken, the way it's structured and written. But abstract pieces make some of the best pieces.
________________________________
Song
Paper Prince by Song Sparrow
"Skin pale as parchment"
Crime_time nominated this piece because it "gave me an amazing visual description."
Our view on the piece: This piece is filled with metaphors and similies in every line, packing it with punch, but still flows as a song beautifully.
________________________________
Dystopia
No nominations.
________________________________
Narrative
A Little Bit Of Everything by FoxLilly106
"People never realize that there are people on the other side of the dirty work"
Selfnominated.
Our view on the piece: Interesting concept that explores characters and interactions differently, using metaphors in exciting ways.
________________________________
Science Fiction
Hero by Princess Maira 
"Speed was everything, speed, speed—I was the definition of speed."
FoxLilly106 nominated this piece because "This story was soo compelling. I was lost in it as soon as I started to read."
Our view on the piece: The hero story you needed.
________________________________
Thriller/Horror
No nominations.
________________________________
Folklore/greek mythology
No nominations.
________________________________
Lower case prose
No nominations.
________________________________

• February 17, 2020 - 10:47am (Now Viewing)

• _________

No problem! I hope you're feeling well soon! :)

• _________

Reviewed Paper Prince, reviewing Hero, sea-swallowed, and the Lady of Belmont :)
    If you need help with anything else, don't hesitate to ask! :)