WtW's Fantasy League

I am a young writer, named AJ, and founder of WtW's Fantasy League. As a little girl, I always loved fantasy and there wasn't a designated club on WtW dedicated to fantasy. So, I created this club. Welcome to the Fantasy League!

est. 2019

This month is all about ZODIACS!
No. of Entries:
Prompt #1: 1
Prompt#2: 0
Prompt #3: 1
Prompt #4: 0

Want to Learn more about the Fantasy League? https://bit.ly/2UkQuv8

Check out the Latest edition of the Fantasy League!

ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっBecome a fellow inkling today! ♡

Thanks for stopping by!

ミ☆February Edition of the Fantasy League! | #ScurvyCur☆彡

17
Welcome to the official Fantasy League, my inklings! Thank you to everyone who registered to be an inkling and to those who clicked the like button to show interest! It's been long enough, so here it is the February Edition of the Fantasy League!

How the Prompts Work 
Every month or so, I will be publishing a series of prompts, that may or may not follow a certain theme. Reviewers can skip to the section in the "Directions for Writers and Reviewers".
  1. The first thing to do is read through the prompts, my usual layout for these pieces are first, announcements, next, prompts, then, directions for writers and reviewers and last, fantasy trivia.
  2. After reading, if you are interested in participating in any of the prompts, click the like button, so I know who will be participating in the month's prompts. Remember, there is a difference in not being interested in a prompt and being challenged in a prompt. These prompts are meant to strengthen your writing skills and to enjoy!
  3. Next make sure you follow the directions given on your prompt, and tag it with the month's tag (this month's is #ScurvyCur). If you are wondering why I have such odd names, these are actually Common Room Passwords from Harry Potter!
  4. If you would like to attempt the trivia go ahead and comment you answers. Please don't search them up, that ruins the fun!
  5. After you are finished writing your piece, please add the tag to your title, copy the prompt you chose in your footnotes and comment your piece title, prompt # or name, and the link.
  6. At the end of the month, I will be choosing the best piece, give it a detailed review and a "Shoutout" in the message board. I will also be publishing a separate piece from the prompt piece with the Best Piece, Honorable Mentions, and Trivia Answers and Winners.
You may submit more than one piece, but not for the same prompt. Enjoy!

This Month's Prompts
This month is all about Zodiacs! If you don't know what a zodiac is, it is a constellation of an animal that represents you based on your birth. Recently, NASA discovered a 13th zodiac (there were only twelve) and that changed everyone else's zodiac and made quite a few upset. Due to this fact, I will be enlisting, the old and original zodiacs, but if you would like to use the new charts, you can search it up.

*Also, you do not need to believe in star signs and zodiacs, to participate, I respect all participants. You do not need to choose the zodiac, based on your birth, but you can choose any zodiac. Zodiacs are enlisted below! 
  • Aries dates: March 21 – April 19
  • Taurus dates: April 20 – May 20
  • Gemini dates: May 21 – June 20
  • Cancer dates: June 21 – July 22
  • Leo dates: July 23 – August 22
  • Virgo dates: August 23 – September 22
  • Libra dates: September 23 – October 22
  • Scorpio dates: October 23 – November 21
  • Sagittarius dates: November 22 – December 21
  • Capricorn dates: December 22 – January 19
  • Aquarius dates: January 20 – February 18
  • Pisces dates:February 19 – March 20

Prompt #1: Rebirth
The main character has died (you decide how they die) and they are reborn as their zodiac. They can still live on earth, but only in their animal form.
Word Limit: 1000 words
Tone: Any
P.O.V. (point of view): Any

Prompt #2: Love Between Two
A Capricorn falls in love with a Pisces, but their kind will not permit.
Word Limit: 1000 words
Tone: Romantic
P.O.V. (point of view): Any

Prompt #3: The New Guy
A 13th Zodiac, Ophiuchus (Nov 29 – Dec 17), squeezes in Zodiac High (you may change the name of the school- be creative!) and throws everyone off.
Word Limit: 1000 words
Tone: Any
P.O.V. (point of view): Any

Prompt #4: Zodiac Myth *Challenging*
Like Greek Gods and Goddesses, there have been many myths and tales done on the zodiacs. Try and create one of your own!
Word Limit: 700-800 words
Tone: Any
P.O.V. (point of view): Third Person Omniscient

Directions for Writers and Reviewers
WRITERS,
You may title your piece, anything you would like, but please tag it with #ScurvyCur, no spaces, remember capitals. If you would like to participate in more than one prompt, feel free to do so! Remember to write the prompt # and actual prompt in your footnotes:
________________________
Footnotes
________________________
For WtW's Fantasy League:
Prompt #_: ___________________________________

After that, you want to go to this piece and comment:

"The Title of your Piece"
Prompt #_
www.the_link_to_your_piece.com 

REVIEWERS,
Yes, we now have a section dedicated to our beloved reviewers! If you enjoy reviewing Fantasy Stories, please link your reviews for any Fantasy League submissions tagged #ScurvyCur below! Use the template below:

"Title of Piece Reviewed" by @Author
Date/ When/ Reviewed

www.the_link_to_the_piece_reviewed.com

! T R I V I A !
The rules for trivia is you may not search up the answer until you have commented your answer already!

This months question is: "Who was Artemis in love with?"

Maybe helpful, Maybe not Information: Artemis is the Greek goddess of hunt. Her father was Zeus and mother, was Titaness Leto, she had one twin brother, Apollo. She never got married, or had any children, only female hunters to support her.

Thank you to all twenty-one inklings, for becoming a member of the Fantasy League! 
Quille
aditi
ElenaC
Princess Maira
.amelia.
Jun Lei
Drishti Bhatia
Upsidownpenguin
Anha
FoxLilly106
Saki
Ailbhe
fatpanda
Ursa
Dmoral13
MarSan
V-Rose
Fernweh
meghan r link
V e l l i c h x r r
Boogie With Stu

Over the course of the month, the message box will record the number of entries for prompts! (Updated every week!)

All writers are permitted to participate in these prompts!

• Pavithra C.P

may i know when is the last date to submit our work?

• Upsidownpenguin

Gemini all the way... even though i match Gemini like 35% of the time

• Foxy 2.0

Hello! I just created my own separate account on WtW. Any tips on how to keep up with two accounts? Should I dedicate one day to one, and one day to another?

• V-Rose

Sorry. The title is actually The New Guy in Stars of Sky

• V-Rose

I did it, again! I wrote a piece for a prompt!
    The New Guy at Stars in the Sky
    Prompt#3

Thank you so much for your comment on my piece! I'll definitely be expanding, with much more detail :D
    Maybe I could even turn it into a novel or something? Idk, but thank you so much for you excellent prompts, AJ! You're awesome!!! :D :D :D

• Shining_Star

Okay I made more changes. Is it any better??

• Shining_Star

Okay. So I made changes and I’m sticking with this newer version. It has the same name and stuff. And since it is before the due date I hope that changes are still allowed. If there’re not it’s okay. But if they are can you look at it again. It would be very much appreciated!

• Shining_Star

Your right. It isn’t working. Hmmm can’t you look up the title and it’ll work? So sorry. I don’t know how to do links XD

• Shining_Star

“Forbidden Love #ScurvyCur”
    Prompt #2
    https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/free_writing/147672

• Shining_Star

I also had another question. The word limit is the max right? Not the minimum? If it was the minimum my poem would loose its touch.

• Shining_Star

Okay thank you so much @WtW’s Fantasy League. Can I just call you Ajamwal? Also you can just call me Stella. It’s my real name. It means star so that’s why I did the username. :P

• Jilly17bean

Can I also become part of this. I am a little late on this site so idk how to exactly. Do you just follow? Because I am. I might participate in this one, but idk if I will yet. Maybeee. I want to but I’m the same time I have writers block. :/ Stupid writers block!

• Shining_Star

I would like to become an inkling! If it’s not too late. Idk how it works but I followed you. Also I’m into poetry so I was curious if I could do a prompt but in the style of a poem?

• V-Rose

These sound great. I will write one! I will! Also, for the trivia, I don't know if Artemis was ever in love with anyone. I know she swore off all men. So, again, I'm not sure.

"Gemini"
    prompt #1

Ooh! I love this prompt! And Artemis is one of my favorite Greek goddesses of all time! She was in love with the hunter Orion :D

• Whateverthismightbe

I hope I did it right! Not quite sure lol
    "The sign killer"
    Prompt: #3

• Princess Maira

Artemis was in love with Orion, right?! But then he died and she made him a constellation.
    Love the prompts for this month and will contribute!