AbigailSauble

Child of God
Pro-life
Photographer
Marine sister
Blogger
English Country Dancer
Dessert enthusiast
Sun-Child
Reader
Musician
Singer
Artist
ISFJ-A
Wind Chaser
Volleyball devotee
Movie quoter
Tea drinker
Airsofter
Cat lover
Youtuber

' "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet My unfailing love for you will not be shaken, nor My covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD.' ~ Isaiah 54:10

Proud USMC sister!

FAVORITE QUOTES:

"Most people never meet their heroes;
I grew up with mine." ♥

“And the one good thing about being down here, is that we’ll save on funeral expenses.” ~ Puddleglum (The Silver Chair)

You don't love someone because they're perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they're not. ~ Jodi Picoult

How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. ~ Winnie the Pooh

https://wheniwasanartist.blogspot.com/

When I Ran

2
"Sorry, Vicky. I can't do this anymore."
   The words cut deeply into my heart, and as I drove home, hot tears clouding my vision, they echoed around and around in my mind. 
I knew I would remember those words forever.
   My hands trembled on the steering wheel as I braked to a halt at the all-way stop sign. It became a red smudge as tears continued to stream down my salty face.
   "It hurts." It came out as a whimper. I had to swallow hard to keep from sobbing out loud.
As though anyone would hear me. It was a bitter lonely thought, but I didn't take it back.
   A car horn beeped angrily behind me, and I startled, a cry escaping my lips. My foot released the brake, and I stepped hard on the accelerator, revving my little Honda Accord through the intersection.
   I knew I should pull over, but my brain, or maybe my heart, kept urging me to go faster, to get as far away from my heartbreak as I could.
Caleb, why? My throat hurt, like something was pressing hard on it, and shoving a fist down it at the same time.
   More tears; I blinked them away.
A red light blurred in front of me, and I turned on my right signal; looked left.
   I wasn't really seeing anything, but I turned anyway. I just didn't care.
   My car jerked sharply, as though it had run into a wall.
My foot slammed on the brake as a man's face was shoved into view on my windshield. I screamed. But it sounded far away.
The man was young, with dark hair, and a pair of smashed glasses dangling about his face from the impact.
   I just hit someone. 
My mind froze. My grief disappeared, replaced by shock and a horrible numbness.
   I stared at that pale face; blood now starting to trickle out of a cut on his cheek.
He's dead. I'm a killer. 
   My whole body shook uncontrollably.
I'm a killer. 
   Still shaking, I pulled on the door handle, and stumbled out of my car. Snow was just starting to fall. So quiet against the sounds of traffic and a distant wail of a siren.
   A siren. I killed someone. 
I looked around. Someone else had stopped, and was talking hurridly on their phone, glancing over at the situation. Another was running towards me.
   I backed away, disbelief, I'm sure, apparent on my face.
A sob tore from my throat. The cry of a broken heart.
   "I'm sorry." I whispered.
And ran away.

1