Dmoral

est. 2018
she/her | junior
semi active; chaotic life.
published writer + classics enthusiast.
obsessed with name titled poetry & songs.

apparently, i'm republishing old pieces due to my lack of new material, so bear with me as you read the origins i bleed

wishing wells of the heavens // don't you understand?

PROMPT: Star Wish

24

three wishing wells for you to choose from, pick the one that suits your mood (but here's your warning, in which you cannot say you've never read: consequences come attached, to every miracle come true. yes, choose your wishes wisely and be brave enough to take them too).

i. wishing wells for hoping // desire sits on your tongue knowing, / yet, / still shunned, tell me / how long do you / let it rest there / before letting it melt into / something worth regretting? / please beware / this well for / hoping, it contains the fire / of fueling desire, / expectations rarely fickle / but nonetheless, dangerous things. / but to end on a / pleasant note keep / in mind, this reward / if the price is right, / wishing wells / for hoping / tend to remind / many of their youthful / journies, yes / like when i hoped my / daddy'd make it / on the thireteenth / of july, / my eighth birthday. /

ii. wishing wells for dreaming // lucid thoughts are terrifying / it's like being your / own shadow and / not knowing it (and damn / do i hate it). / yes, come here if / you're wanting something / that feels like you'll / never be obtaining or / taunts you with it's / future that you pleads to be / your own. / please beware / this well for / dreaming, it always begins with / your questioning, all the / if's but's and wannabe's. / but to end on a / pleasant note keep / in mind, wanting something more than / you have, leads to the art of /achieving and proves there's / a reason for living, / yes, i used this / wishing well / for dreaming / at age thirteen when i wanted / more than anything / to be like those writers / who's series i manage to read / in hours. /

iii. wishing wells for yearning // means offering your tears along with / the actual asking for / your longing to end / and tears to finally mean / something. but this one / only works if you know / precisely what you're missing / not half heart attempts, / no, this means everything. / please beware / this well for / yearning, it makes your remember / all your leaving dropped / from the package called / "moving on". / but before you / sigh and believe this another / misdirection by / fate's cruel hand, / just know that if / reentering the past / at the cost of your / longing, means / you'll remember certain things / more correctly, (unless your past / still haunts and that's / the reason behind your / longing). / yes, i went through / all this when i reached / nineteen and thought of my last / love and wanted to reconnect / the strength of our loving, / but at last, just like / before it didn't work / and by the second time / our falling apart hurt worse / ('cause i let it slip through my fingers / two times in a row). /

so attempt to hold the stars, (here's your kind regards if you succeed), and choose you're wishing well carefully; something's not always better than nothing and most consequences appear when karma's started falling.
I saved this prompt to my portfolio when it first came out because I really like it. Unfortunately, I made several attempts of pieces and hated them all. Finally, it seems I've mustered something worth showing. Yeah, this definitely strays from the prompt though. So think of this as the wish for "even a stranger"? And I did stick to the "HOPE/DREAM/YEARNING". But yeah, I know, this piece is a complete and utter mess. No I'm not 19 lol.

I don't know, please enjoy and I'd love some feedback.

• October 2, 2020 - 11:18am (Now Viewing)

Re: How ominous...

• TwinklingComet

I like this one. You've put a lot of thought into this work, and I am so happy that you were able to finally share it! Thank you!

This is still super amazing

• mystifiedtulip

this is beautifully written.... no words.... <3

so magical

wow how is this a mess? its insanely beautiful.there is somwthing so special about your poetry.its like celestial and beautiful and feels like it dropped from heaven,but it still feels so real and raw and relatable.i feel likenin every piece you write i can find a tiny piece of me and be like "oh im not the only one" or "oh thats good advice " or "i feel like this too". i dont know if you do this intentionally or not,but in every piece of yours ive read i learn something that just opens my eyes,or i find an answer that i couldnt quite put my finger on,or a spark of optimism .its reading beautiful poetry while learning morals or just idk like a life lesson.i cant explain it.

"lucid thoughts are terrifying / it's like being your / own shadow and / not knowing it" ok i love that line, and this piece is by no means a mess, this is excellent! i'm listening to "never let me go" by florence + the machine while reading this and wow it is an Experience.

• birthdaycandles

this is so mystical... i like it a lot!

"but before you / sigh and believe this another / misdirection by / fate's cruel hand, / just know that if / reentering the past / at the cost of your / longing, means / you'll remember certain things" byeee these lines might as well have taken me out of business because they're stunning. the word choice is so mysterious, mystical, and magical that it made me really want a music video for this piece. i adore it to no end: you've outdone yourself, truly!

Okay you had me panicked thinking you were gonna leave us soon XD