Sofia GM.

Mexico

All your constructive criticism is well received :)

Made of letters

"Dear stranger,

How nice to meet you, my name is Aanisa, I’m ten years old, and I want to inform you that I just made a new friend, and it's you.  If you are wondering how I know you, the answer is: I don't.  At least I didn't, until now.

I don't know where you are from, your age or your appearance, but I want to tell you that you are a great person.  Thanks for being my friend.

Sincerely,
  Aanisa ”

“Dear Aanisa,

Thanks for that beautiful letter, nice to meet you too. My name is Alphonse, and I’m an 80 year old man who likes to imagine the world that lies beyond the window of the living room. I’m honored you call me your friend and it couldn’t have been in a better moment since I’ve been so lonely lately, I’ll be glad to call you my friend too.

Sincerely,
Alophonse Leone”

”Dear Mr. Alphonse,

Great, now that we are friends you have to promise me that you will continue to write to me and tell me everything interesting, and not so interesting, that it happens around you.  I will do the same, that is what friends do, trust each other and tell each other everything they want.  Don't you think so, Mr. Alphonse?

By the way, why do you just imagine what’s beyond that window? Why don’t you go and see it by yourself?

My best regards,
Aanisa”

”Greetings,

Indeed Aanisa, I agree with you, friends should be able to tell each other what they want, weather is important or not, happy or unfortunate or mere thoughts that came to their heads in a burst of inspiration, that’s what friend are for.

Regarding your other question, I would love to visit new places, see beyond the glass of the window I already k ow to well, but I can’t. It’s been years since I last stepped a foot out of here, and I’m too le now to do it by my own, my children have left me behind, and I have no more family left. Oh dear child, you don’t know what loneliness is!”

”Dear Mr. Alphonse,

Thank you for sharing what you think with me. I want to tell you that you don't have to worry anymore since I can be your family from now on, and the family, as well as friends, are always for each other. 

In return, I would like to ask you something, my family is small, and I don't have many friends, can I call you grandpa?”

”Dear Aanise,

I would love that. It’s been a long time since I last had a family and I couldn’t ask for a And I couldn't have asked for a better granddaughter.  Did you know that, although they don't say it, grandparents have a favorite grandson?  Come, come closer, is there anyone around?  No? Very good, because I'm going to tell you a secret.  My favorite granddaughter, is you.”

”Dear Grandpa,

You shouldn’t be like that Gramps, it’s not fair to everyone else, but don’t worry, I’ll keep the secret.

This last month I’ve been thinking about what you said before, about mowing what there’s beyond that window, and I’ve come up with a solution. I’m running out of paper, I guess I’ll tell you in my next letter.

lots of love,
your niece”

”Hi again grandpa,

Here’s the solution I came up with: I’ll tell you everything I see, hear and taste!
I am a genius aren’t I? hehehe.”

”Dear Aanice,

I would love that. You are a genius indeed.”

<<Right now I’m sitting on the doorstep of my house, and there’s a squirrel passing through, it seems that it’s carrying some kind of but, wow! It has a really nice red fur. Oh! and there’s some ants walking by with leafs twice as big as them on their backs... The other day I saw a really pretty  tree in a hill close to my house... today the sun was shining really beautifully with its golden light shining on the streets... I’m eating some bread and I want to say that the third bite I've eaten is the best ever... scratch that, this one right now was the best one, and the smell is so nice. It still a little bit warm... sorry I didn’t write for a while grandpa I was busy, last week I saw a really nice blue bird just one meter from me... grandpa I’m a little scare there are kid noises coming from the sky... I’ve finally come out of my house after the kid noises, the strewn looks empty and messy, but the sun is still shining through the dust, it is beautiful in a way... today a nice lady gave me a piece of cheese, it was the best thing I’ve had una long time... I love you grandpa, I wish we could meet some time.”

”Dear Aanice,

My sweet little child, you will never get to read this letter that I’m writing for you, since it’s been a long time that your letters stoped and that you’ve been gone. Oh me sweet kid, I want to let you know that you’ve reached me to love the smallest thing and live for the ordinary events, who would have imagined that I could learn so much from you. The song of a bird, the smell of the wind, the light in the dust, the breeze on the face... Oh my deer little child, the war may have taken your family, and may have darkened the sky, but you never stopped seeing the light in the things that are really worth seeing.  Thank you, thank you for everything, I will miss you.  I am honored to have been your friend, and I know that where you are going there is no more noise from the sky, so don’t be scared. I am not sad, however, because I will now that soonI will see you again. 

with love,
Grandpa.”

1