⋆ katie ⋆

she/her ⋆ infp ⋆ enneagram 3w4 ⋆ ravenclaw ⋆ type a
[ femme & actress & activist ]

only little pieces

PROMPT: YOU in threes

0
Three quirks or idiosyncrasies.
    the age of my soul, and the odd and usually off-kilter wisdom i can provide in the right circumstances.
    the way my head tilts when i sing, every time, and i never notice until someone points it out.
    the joy i get from being alone, but the horrible loneliness that always arrives in tandem.

Three communities to which you belong (these can be unusual).
    lgbt, as much as i wish it weren't true (not out of hatred for the community, but out of inability to accept myself).
    mentally ill, though i refuse to let it define me. none of the things on this list define me. i am a whole person and this is only a collection of little pieces of my puzzle; this is a mere 748 words of my novel and i am nowhere near done.
    performing artists, the people who usually hang somewhere in the awkward in-between of self-love and self-loathing.

Three adjectives your peers would use to describe you.
    tenacious, creative, unique.

Three adjectives your family would use.
    stubborn, perfectionistic, special.

Three adjectives you would use.
    multifaceted, versatile, talented.

Three things about you that very few people know.
    i believe that there is a reason i feel such a strong connection to the 1800s, i just don't know what it is as of yet
    i am a very insecure dancer and my fear is not being able to hold my own as a dancer the way i can as an actor/singer
    if i ever focus on cheering up someone else, it is truly because i am running away from my own problems

Three beliefs you hold.
    life doesn't inherently have meaning, you have to make it yourself
    hating people is a waste of energy
    death isn't something to be afraid of, but it isn't something to embrace either. it is just a fact the same as basic arithmetic or spelling, and it is just as constant as the colors in the sky- not at all. it comes in waves and in varying forms, but the sky is still there nonetheless.

Three questions you have.
    what can i do to be a better person?
    why was i put on this earth? what change am i meant to make before i die?
    (after i'm gone): did i do everything i was meant to do?

Three qualities that make your life singular and/or unusual.
    my orthodontist has deemed the tiny gap between my teeth unfixable without a cosmetic bonding (due to their rounded sides), which can only be done when i turn 18.
    i have the same birthday as my grandpa, the same grandpa who i got my stage name from.
    my parents were both in the air force (it's where they met).

Three specific physical descriptions (the particular shape of your front teeth, the color of your palms, the curve of your spine).
    my hair is the color of raw honey, and it falls down in spirally curls (but the underside of my hair is much less curly).
    my hands are short, the skin on them is pale but dotted with patchy discoloration (like that of a newborn baby, red and splotchy), and my fingernails are short and clean.
    i have a mole on my ribcage, one that is clearly visible anytime i wear a bikini, and it is one of the things i smile every time i see.

Three flaws.
    the inability to focus long enough to read- and appreciate- a full novel
    social anxiety so bad that it occasionally causes me to isolate myself from everyone, and then get more anxious when i am alone
    refusal to accept or act on any romantic feelings, out of fear of intimacy and unwillingness to open myself up to being hurt

Three favorites.
    old photographs
    broadway musicals
    the color pink

Three pet peeves.
    bigots who KNOW they are discriminating but just don't care
    people who simply turn a blind eye to injustices they are fully aware of
    people who don't use their turn signals

Three instincts that serve you well.
    an uncanny ability to detect a scam
    knowing how to stalk someone's social media just enough to check that they are real
    fear of intimacy; though it has ruined many opportunities, it also keeps me safe

Three sources of comfort.
    my stuffed raccoon, smudge, who i have had since i was six or so
    my weighted blanket
    essential oils (just for the smell, not for any of that good mojo healing benefits stuff)

i loved your work this month! want to see other amazing writing? january highlights are live!
    http://bit.ly/2uRBOcw