Peer Review by Alexandra_Bertilsson (France)

foreverglow

By: PureHeart

PROMPT: Star Wish

There was a some sort of magic wildness in the war the stars splayed themselves out in the sky. 

Spreading, sprinkling. Like icing sugar sprinkled on a cake, making it sweet. Like a screen cleaner on a car, spurting and spreading over the glass, making it shine. Like a spray can freckling the graffiti art on the wall, making it alive. 

Stars are sweet. Clean. Alive.

Sweet like a sweet friend. A friend that you can count on, a friend you can always rely on. A friend you look up to, who shines out in the darkness of the world around you. Surely enough, you can rely on the stars. You know they are there for you in the darkest of times.

Shining like a pearly white teeth on a cheesy 90s toothpaste advert. Grin brightly, show your teeth, smile at the camera! Although, sometimes, you don't want to. In a world of darkness, why would you want to smile? Stars are not teeth for you to smile with, they are beacons of hope, shining and chasing away the darkness with positivity.

Alive like a beating heart. Pulsating, thudding in your chest. Some stars look like they are fading. Some twinkle, some fizzle, and some are just airplanes. Stars are the to keep you going, keep you breathing and wondering and hoping and believing. To be alive is to question and thrive.

Leaning outside my bedroom window, I take a deep breath and gaze upwards. This year, the New Year. The dreaded and anticipated year of 2020, I hope to be sweet, shining and alive by the end of it. 

Living wildly like the stars, I hope to go on in this year knowing that as each day goes by, I have made it, determined and steadfast as ever.

Your shine won't last forever
But you'll forever glow

It truly is an inspiring, wonderful wish! It perfectly translates the sense of hopefulness that emanates from your piece, it is bright and shining, like the stars.

I would like to see the starry sky fade into a gorgeous sunset, and experience alongside the narrator what it feels like, after such a sweet wish, to step into a new decade filled with hope.

I love the almost conversational tone of the piece, it has a pleasant flow that made me smile while reading it. The text feels alive, multi-dimensional, and each new sentence is a breath of fresh air. It's perfect!