Dmoral

she/her | est. 2018
summer hiatus, xoxo

"perhaps one day / we will meet again / as characters in / a different story, / maybe we'll share / a lifetime then." ~pavana

best wishes & my heart are always sent your way.
i love you.

Enchantress

4

bound at the hands and hair in their face,
with red fiery eyes and cracked, bloody lips,
and dry blistered skin,
they all whisper the same name-
across one another's' lips:

'enchantress' they cry; with trembling bones
                                                'enchantress' they cry; with petrified groans
                                                'enchantress' they cry; with bowed heads
                                                'enchantress' they cry; with tear-stained beds
they know the name will bring,
an unspeakable being,
with broken power and greedy force,
a name when said promises doom,
with only one left to spread the news:

'darlings' she hisses; with a grin
                                                'darlings' she hisses; with prideful sin
                                                'darlings' she hisses; with unspeakable size
                                                'darlings' she hisses; with far-off eyes
so beware the girl,
who's soul only yearns to scare
and never speak her name
out loud,
alone in your room.
The ending sounded better in my head, my bad.
lowercase intentional.
This is for Aurelia.Valus and BurningMidnightOil's 'Month of Poetry #apoemaday'. Check it out!
Finished: 12/4/2020 @3:43 pm

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

Wonderful! Amazing! Breathtaking! I have goosebumps!!!! I can't think of enough words to describe how much I love this!

• Wisp

The rhyme was so lovely, adding that nice Umph to the writhing. (I cannot rhyme with flow for the life of me. Haha, once I wrote a piece with only light and night as the rhymes over and over again. I remember being so proud, but all I can think of now is how cringey it is) Divinity is sure to be a gift, and you are certainly divine. And that ending, well, it is so much better than you think it is. Don’t sell yourself short Dmoral, your writing is honestly one of my favorites on this site.

• Dmoral

my date is supposed to be 1/4/2020, my bad

• ajamwal

yeah, the Fantasy League is getting a seperate account

Beautiful! I love the style you wrote this in with one stanza to the left, and one to the right and to the left again. Amazing!