loveletterstosappho

writer of stories, lover of girls

judas was not the first to trick a friend (#ArtofCompression)

23

from his stupor, he awakens. a thousand butterfly eyes 
fluttering open—Io is gone. stolen away by flighty Hermes,
underhanded dissembler who has filched more than just the cow;
Argus searches for his faith, and finds it not. 

• February 2, 2020 - 10:59am (Now Viewing)

• N.

agh your vocabulary is beautiful. it sets the scene so much better than the basic synonyms (i mean seriously, "filched" "stupor"... that's SAT level right there.). and i honestly just love this piece; you took a whole concept within greek mythology and condensed it into four lines without taking away from the story. this is perfect, i tip my hat to you

• fatpanda

My brother has started reading the Percy Jackson series and I have to study so naturally I'm reading it too. I never fully appreciated the eloquence of the piece without understanding the meaning behind it, but I really adore this piece now and can't stop reading it

• Loser

In four short lines you vividly capture a betrayal. I also love the setting of Greek Mythology.

• The Great Gabs-by

Thank you for your entry! If you should choose to edit this piece before the deadline, just make sure to comment the link of your edits on my contest piece. Good luck!!:))

• babybluelamentations

So, so gorgeous. You definitely nailed the compressed editing; this is so short, yet tells so much within its obviously carefully chosen words. I love it so much <3

• r|A|i|N

i had to do an an entire project on io and it's so unnecessarily grisly
    like hera calm down. none of greek mythology would've happened if zeus could've kept it to himself

• Upsidownpenguin

Short yet punching hard. Great work as always! Even if this comment came a bit early