Aurelia.Valus

Most of my stories are based off of my dreams (weird right?)

School, sports, and work keep me busy so I don’t post a ton :(

Points will be updated soon! Check this message box for a running total. We will comment how many point you for your submission on the actual piece you submit.

Sorry for the wait!

A Month of Poetry #apoemaday

11
Your Humble Hosts: Aurelia.Valus & BurningMidnightOil

Important Requirements & Information— 
Hashtag— #apoemaday(prompt number) 
E.g. If I did Prompt #1 = #apoemaday1 

The contest is simple. Each day in the month of January, you must write a piece based on the given prompt associated with that day. You must go through the prompts in order. E.g. if it is January 8th, you must do prompt 8; if it is January 22nd, you must do prompt 22. No skipping around! 

We will keep track of points in the message box! 

Whoever has the greatest number of points at the end of the month will receive first prize. Second and third will go to the users with the next largest sum of points. 

Guidelines—
  • Stick to the prompt
  • There must be a minimum of 10 words, no maximum
  • Can be real story or fantasy, your choice
  • No explicit words or sexual content
  • MUST be poetry (One-liners count)
  • Your piece must be posted on the day of the month that  follows the prompt. 
    • INCLUDE YOUR FINISH DATE AND TIME
    • You may republish after but your initial post must be submitted by 12 AM EST (we will make a note of these)
    • Any posts after that date for a prompt the day before that is not being republished, will be disqualified (0 points + we will comment)
Prompts—
  1. Sparks 
  2. Clairvoyance 
  3. Stallion 
  4. Enchantress
  5. Miracles 
  6. Wrinkles 
  7. Fireflies 
  8. Unicycle 
  9. Kisses 
  10. Tightrope
  11. Lace
  12. Lilt 
  13. Candlelight
  14. Truth
  15. Blizzard
  16. Voyage 
  17. Traitor
  18. Viscount 
  19. Afterlife 
  20. Equality (in honour of MLK Jr. Day)
  21. Chariot 
  22. Thorns 
  23. Checkmate 
  24. Monarchy
  25. Imp 
  26. Arrow
  27. Blackout
  28. Oracle
  29. Guardian 
  30. Archangel
  31. “Why angels cry”

Judging Rubric— 
  • You may earn up to FIVE total points for EACH prompt
    • A 5 point piece consists of:
      • Imagery/detailed descriptions
      • Little to no grammatical errors
      • Impactful and evokes emotion
    • A 4 point piece consists of:
      • Imagery/detailed descriptions
      • Some/few grammatical errors
      • Evokes emotion, but not impactful
    • A 3 point piece consists of:
      • Pretty good, could use a bit of touching up here and there
      • Good idea
      • Some/few grammatical errors
    • A 2 point piece consists of:
      • Confusing and hard to follow
      • Good idea
      • Quite a few grammatical errors
    • A 1 point piece consists of:
      • Not following prompt
      • Not making sense
      • Far too many grammatical errors 
Notes—
  • pieces written in lowercase prose/poetry for stylistic purposes DO NOT count as grammatical errors
  • At the end of the month, we will add up scores; the person with the highest number of points wins. 

Prizes— 
1st Place - 12 reviews, 12 comments, 12 likes, a follow from both of us and shoutout in our next contest. (Reviews, comments and likes will be split 6-6 between us) 
2nd Place - 8 reviews, 8 comments, 8 likes and shoutout in our next contest  (Reviews, comments and likes will be split 4-4 between us) 
3rd Place -  6 reviews, 6comments, 6 likes and shoutout in our next contest (Reviews, comments and likes will be split 3-3 between us) 

***NOTE*** This is a month-long contest. Due to that factor, we will spend a good amount of time rereading and finalizing placings if there are many entries. There are thirty-one prompts; hence, final judging will take some time. Also, please expect delays because of our busy schedules as well as exams. Thus, please do not expect us to release winners within the first few days of the following month.  

Can’t wait to read entries! If you have any questions feel free to ask :D

Cool! I'm guessing this has stopped now though?

• Wicked!

Hey, I had to do the piece for prompt 6 on a mobile phone in a hurry and I just noticed that when I pasted it on WtW, the formatting got messed up, so can I write the same thing again in a new piece?

• Aurelia.Valus

@DaughterOfTheStars - as long as you can post before 12 AM EST You should be ok. Please try your best <3

• ~DreamerGirlLostInAColorlessWorld~

Hey, I'd love to do these but I don't have internet at home so I can only post at school.

• Aurelia.Valus

@babybluelamentations - thank you for notifying us. It would be awesome if you could try to get them in on time though. I get your pain though, I also write at night.

• babybluelamentations

Hey so um, i’m 3 hours behind EST and i do most of my writing at night, so I sometimes end up submitting my pieces past 12am EST
    is that okay, or should i try to submit them earlier? :>

• PureHeart

For number 4:

• weirdo

although i won’t be participating because a poem a day is an unreasonable goal for me, i really like this idea! good luck to all the contestants!

• BurningMidnightOil

@Participants,

Along with points posted in the message box, we will also leave a message in the comment section of your piece noting exactly how many points you receive.

To those that are interested but have not joined,

You may still join after Jan 1st! All you have to do is begin posting your submissions:) You do not need to participate in all days to be considered for the grand prize. Again, it is whichever user that has the greatest amount of points by the end of the month that receives the prize.

• The Great Gabs-by

2nd jan entry here! https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/142910/version/278424

• Starflower

Here's my entry for Jan. 1st:
    Am I supposed to post the link for every one of my poems throughout the month? That would be a lot of comments...

• babybluelamentations

Hi i’m a little late but I want to take part in this!

• The Great Gabs-by

Hello, 1st Jan entry here:

• Aurelia.Valus

@Shadowhuntress

You can miss days, but unfortunately you won’t be able to get points for those days

• Norah

this is a great idea, can't wait to see the great poetry that comes out of this!

• aditi

Awesome idea!!!

• Shadowhuntress

Is it alright if I miss a lot of the days? I'm pretty busy this month and I won't be able to do all/ most of them.

• The Great Gabs-by

Just a question, must we comment the link of our pieces here? (coz I bet there would be tons since it's a poem a day haha:) (also if you answer, please do so on one of my pieces so I get a notification thankss)