alannav

I'm fifteen, I live in Kentucky, I'm a military kid, and I love writing.

Push My Luck

1
And I'm back again with a random blurb of my thoughts. The quote is from the song Push my Luck by the Chainsmokers.
--------------------------------------------------
My phone turns on to 92 new messages. All from the same chat. It was only dead for an hour. I can't stop smiling. It took me a while to believe it, but I'm starting to think they might actually love me back. That never happens, I usually start to love people quickly and deeply, but nobody has ever loved me back the same way. Never in my life have I gone from completely and totally alone to having a ton of people that have my back and who I love and who love me back. It's unlike anything I've ever seen before, but I love these people more than I've ever loved anyone in my life, and that love isn't fragile anymore. Earlier, I compared our relationship to a glass skyscraper right before an earthquake. Amazing and beautiful and breathtaking, but easily destroyed in a single moment. I was scared of drifting apart, of becoming strangers again and having to start over, but I'm finally starting to believe that they're here. And this is real. This is real.

I smile and pick up my phone. 'Brooming??"

I think I might push my luck with you. I think you might push back. 

• December 26, 2019 - 11:49am (Now Viewing)