Cordelia_Fitzgerald

My dream is to be a bestselling author. I want to write YA fiction that is filled with magic, mythical beings, and much more! Most importantly, I want God to use my life and love of writing to share the good news of his mercy to all who need it!

Welcome to my first survey! I am super interested in what unique responses we will get!

Nervous Habits...A Survey!!!

4
I have had a self discovery this past week. With final exams chasing after me, I have realized I have three main nervous habits. When the pressure is on, I tend to:

1) Thrum my first two fingers on my right hand up and down very fast on some surface. I'm sure it is VERY annoying when I
    do that. XD
2) I mess with my ear/earrings. I finger them and I twist them around (the earrings of course, not the ear).
3) I tug at my lips, pull at my lips, and mess with my lips.

What are some things that you do when you get nervous? Not only will this be an interesting survey, but it may offer some unique examples of nervous ticks and habits that you can incorporate into your characters! Leave your nervous habits in the comments down below!

1

• Cordelia_Fitzgerald

These habits are all really neat to see. Some of them remind me of other things I do, and some of them are things I've never done before. Thank you guys for participating! I can't wait to see more. : )

• HelpMe512

I have lots. I chew on anything that is close to my mouth - namely pens, pencils, my zipper, my jacket, earbuds, my lips, my hands, and my sleeves. I also tend to bounce my leg really fast (i got that from my dad) and if im super nervous, I tuck myself into a ball and try to become as small as possible. Hm lets see I also play with random stuff in my pockets like a rock, pens, an eraser, and any other weird item in my pocket. If I have the materials, i either draw or read too if i can.

• Bookworm101

I chew on my lip, jiggle my legs, bite my fingernails, pull on my earlobe, and adjust my hair clip. And I'm sure that I do many others without noticing, Cool idea!

• CreativeAngel

Oo now that you mention it i'm pretty sure i do the second and third one along with unknowingly bouncing my legs up and down like just tapping or the thing where the person sitting down just moves their leg up and down hopefully that makes sense. I feel like i also may play with my scrunchie on my wrist because i always have one there but i'm not sure if i just do that or if it is nervously. But yea i'm pretty sure i'm a very nervous person and there are hundreds of others things that i can't think of except when i just start spitting out words and non-stop talking or blanking out into space but yes have a good day <3 :D