PouringOutTheSun

Ireland

“In the darkness, two shadows, reaching through the hopeless heavy dusk. Their hands meet, and light spills in a flood, like a hundred golden urns pouring out the sun.” -Madeline Miller, “The Song Of Achilles.”

Just A Quick Little Update :,)

4
Hey! I know this is sort of out of the ordinary for me but I’ve got no worthwhile writing to post and I just wanted to check in and say a few things while I’m at it.

First off, I’m thinking of starting a series here? You know “Adoni: A Study Of Fire”? Well, she’s got a bunch of other characters that relate to her story so I’m thinking of doing kind of the same thing with all of them. I’ve got Destan’s started (his will be based on water and like,,, other things) but he’s proving to be extremely tricky and somewhat long, so, it may be a two parter and it may not be out for like, a long while.

It’s funny because now that I have sat down to write this I’ve completely forgotten everything I want to say. Guess I’ll just talk about NaNoWriMo.

Uh, NaNo really kicked my ass, lol. I got about 20,000 words in which was actually pretty cool as it was my first year and it bumped my second draft up to 53,000 words which is lovely. It’s probably gonna be all finished before the release of the Animal Crossing: New Horizons which is actually pretty strategic of me as all my time is gonna be taken up by the game. So, that’s exciting but I think NaNo and back to school have left me burnt out. I’m at the point where I’d literally rather do anything than come home and write which is probably why Destan’s character study is so horrific as of right now. But I’ll get back on track.

Oh! A question. I feel sort of bad about asking this because I know it was making the rounds for a while on how to do it but uh,, how does one republish a piece while also keeping their previous likes and comments? If anybody could help me out with this it’d be great. Also, how does one use words as like, hyperlinks? Like, how would I make it so that in a piece I could use the word “Adoni” and when it’s pressed on it would take me to a certain piece of worl? If anyone has the time I’d really appreciate some help.

Finally, I’ve just gotta say this: I am like,, eternally, ardently grateful for all the support I receive on this site. Since I’ve left the Discord, I’ve felt like I haven’t been able to express this gratitude as much but every single commmet I get fills me with this great big ball of warmth and it literally keeps me light on my feet for the whole day. It’s actually phenomenal. On another, astronomical note, I have to thank Anha, weirdo and loveletterstosappho in particular. Guys, they literally write the most amazing comments; they’re so spectacular and the sheer force of their loveliness has squeezed tears out of my eyes on more than one occasion. I have a few other people who go out of their way to comment on my pieces also and I wholeheartedly adore them, it’s just that these three are the ones that stick out in my mind and it’s like,,  wow, they’re magical.

Anyway! Thanks for reading if you were able to make it through. My back hurts so I guess I’m gonna sleep for a week.

• weirdo

oh my god yes! ack i love that story so much! so happy you're expanding on it.
    like anha said, you deserve all the praise you reserve and don't ever expect me to stop worshiping you because you're a goddess.

congrats on getting so far for nano!! i barely got 15,000 words in before i realised my narrative wasn't going to take as long as i thought it would. (not to be an absolute nerd but the new animal crossing game looks amazing. i only have pocket camp because i'm a pleb and don't have the console.) i'd absolutely love it if you ended up making a series along the adoni thread - you probably already know this but i adore that piece more than life itself. but don't pressure yourself to write if it's getting too hard. i'm almost a little worried for destan to be honest, so taking your time to tell his story might not be a bad idea. (also pls look after your back. i've been there.) and i only give you endless compliments because you deserve them. your work is phenomenal, unmatched, you're essentially one of the few reasons i keep coming back to this site.

tldr; keep doing you, look after yourself, and i'm looking forward to whatever you come up with next!

• Upsidownpenguin

lovely to see that you're starting a new series! I know I might not be in your good graces anymore, but it is always amazing reading your pieces. A series would be stellar, especially from you, since you are so passionate about your writing. Keep being awesome, PouringOutTheSun.

• Julia ♬

@Dmoral13 made a great list of tips and tricks for WtW awhile ago, and it answers your questions about republishing and linking: https://bit.ly/346L7BB
    I'd love to read your series! :)

• PouringOutTheSun

Work not worl*