mysterious_writer13

I love to read and write. Mostly poetry. I am working on a book right now. I usually would write about my life story, I hope you like what I have posted!

BE YOU. don't change so everyone will love you. change so you will love you!

High School

1
I remember the only thing most people had to worry about was what grades they would get on a test or how the certain kind of shoes matched their clothes. Growing up I worried about what will happen when I get home. what will my dad do? Will he hurt me? What will happen if I get a bad grade? I was excited to go into high school. To get away. To escape the harsh reality. I used to think high school was like the movies, breaking out into dance and singing and everything will be great in the end. I used to think everyone would work together and grow up and learn to get along. or that growing up I thought you would make friends and life would be drama free and everyone would love you. Man was I wrong. A lot of people wonder "what's high school like?", "Is high school fun?". High school is hell. It'll suck you in and spit you out into the real world. The real world filled with nothing but hate. What's the point? Going to school and coming home with information we will never need. Not to mention high school is filled with stereotypes and bullies. you can't even go to school without worrying about what people think of you. society expects you to speak your mind or be truthful but yet when we are truthful we get in trouble. We are expected to come forward and tell someone when we are depressed but when we do we are told "you are just children you can't experience that yet" or we are just labeled suicidal and crazy or being told that we are "overreacting". You are expected to smile, be happy, and do drugs to be considered cool. when you deny you are now titled "the schools wimp" The constant pulling down of my skirt because I know people are saying I'm a slut behind my back. The vigorous reminder of being told to always be confident but yet when I feel confident and show a little skin I'm suddenly a whore. But dressing decent you are now considered "goody-two shoes" High school is all about labels. You can't win either way.