weirdo

me around my parents: |
me around my friends: ~
(haha terrible joke)

likes:
marvel
supernatural
broadway
books
gods and goddesses
stars
oversized sweatshirts
girls
my friends
writing
pie

dislikes:
hatred

for AcetheticallyPleasing's contest!

you can drown in my love #colours

9
“you don’t think i’ll drown?”

“you can drown in my love if you step too close, but do you really think i’ll let you?”

and we’re floating; the sky above us is sprinkled with white paint and i wonder if any will fall on us, painting stars on our bodies and leaving only the skin beneath our bikinis unlit; but, tonight the stars remain above and we are left blank canvases; no, i am left blank; the sky has always been imprinted on your skin; perhaps i just want stars of my own.

our fingers are tangled together like the blackberry vines surrounding your home; remember the day we threw berries at each other? two girls stained with purple and unexplainable joy, what a sight we must’ve been. god, what a sight you are.

you never smile; i know you don’t. you purse your lips together and look up at whatever gods you want to see at the moment. that’s how i know you’re filled with something other than despair; that’s how i know you might be happy. today, i look up as well and maybe i’m blind, for i see no gods; so, i stare at you.
your hair, the same color as the amber ring you gifted me on my sixteenth birthday, is damp; it curls and curls like cigar smoke. and your blue eyes are miniature crystal balls that show my false fantasies instead of the future. 

“we can sink,” i say, wiggling my toes to feel the water splash against them, “we can let water consume us and never leave this pool.”

you purse your lips harder. “no, sorry; i’d like to take you home tonight.”

and we talk and giggle and the world stops spinning for hours. it’s just you and i, in your pool on a saturday night. loving each other because that’s the only thing we want to do now; that’s the only thing i know how to do now. 

sky changes from blue to black. the streetlights are on, flickering like a star when the atmosphere churns. you take me home; a home without you is not a home at all, but i suppose i can stay here when you’re gone. 

and you can drown in my love if you step too close, but do you really think i’ll let you? i am destined to drown, but you? you must float. 

• babybluelamentations

how’d i miss this?? i must be tripping, damn. This is so, so rich with beautiful metaphors and descriptions, i don’t understand how every single piece you publish can be so perfect. This piece is such a lovely depiction of young love, and endless nights, it feels like a snapshot from a parallel universe where everything is just how it should be. amazing job, and i have anha to thank for enlightening me about this amazing piece of yours. <3

• AcetheticallyPleasing

Oh my stars, this was magnificent. This was so cute and natural, almost as if I were reading it out of a diary. Your word choice really brings out the love these two have for each other. Great job, thanks for entering the contest! ^^

• loveletterstosappho

my dumb gay wlw ass heart just went oajweoifajwefjals;kdfj klas

• bambiamby

Incredible. One word. I think thats all i need to say

this is adorable :). i barely even realised that you were naming colours as i read this; it flowed so naturally!