Harlow

A human that does stuff with words among other humans who do other stuff with words

DEEP THOUGHT WINNERS: Zalma and MarSan!!

Just a little piece I thought of in a cold sweat at 3 am.

The Inevitable End and the Promise of Tomorrow

0
We, as a race, live in a pocket of a solar system that lives in the pocket of a galaxy that lives in the pocket of the universe that sits in the palm of infinity. We're born to live before dying, to love and hurt and laugh and cry and grow and learn and die, not truly feeling complete. In this pocket of infinity, we have a wryly finite time to live and experience and complete ourselves before the explosion that created us comes to end us. The oblivion forewarned by our ancestors and their ancestors and the gods they all believed in will come, inevitable and unfettered. This one of the few things of which I'm sure, in stark contrast to a similar topic that resides upon a shaky foundation in my mind. 
Though there could be a tomorrow, there could just as easily not be a tomorrow. The promise of tomorrow is much less of a promise and much more of gamble. So far, I’ve been lucky; I can’t say the same for most other. Eventually this luck runs out, though. I’ll lose the gamble for tomorrow in a pocket of a solar system that lives in the pocket of a galaxy that lives in the pocket of the universe that sits in the palm of infinity.

• December 3, 2019 - 6:24am (Now Viewing)