N.

INTP | science & art | leo

watercolor & sea salt

my goal is to become a cryptic elderly soapmaker.

very gay, very liberal, credible knowledge is power

member of the lady knights guild

Joined Sep. 2018

If y'all want some background, there's this guy that spent a lot of time dumping his personal problems on me and then asked me out last year; I very kindly told him no, he was like "cool no big deal." I'm happy, finished freshman year, got through the summer, asked a girl out, she said nah, bounced back, met someone awesome when I got back to school, now we're dating, I'm excited... Fuckboi over here from freshman year science won't leave me alone. Sends messages. Slides into dms. Becomes an all-around creepbag. And I hate it.

So remember kids, no means no. Not maybe, not I'll think about it, not I'll change my mind someday. It's no.

On that delightful note, please comment on what you like/didn't like. I wanted to do a return to sonnets to round out the month, and this was an event I needed to process. :)

delete my number

17
I regret comparing you to Paris,
my dear brother of peace and poetry,
because you know it wouldn’t be fair if
my heart fell captive under lock and key.

Yet a stalking, crueler Paris still lurks
in the halls of apathetic young drones,
who hides behind lines of code and weird smirks
that claw at my brain and chill my bones.

I lied, tile leaving no place to hide;
but I know what you did, you foul Macbeth,
laying down wires of guilt just so I’d
let you drive me to my own painful death.

Gods, drive away he who does not hear no
before I seek the worms’ kingdom below.

For reference:
Paris is a character in Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet; He was a suitor of Juliet
Macbeth is the main character in Shakespeare's Macbeth; He became King of Scotland through manipulation and murder

The first stanza is an allusion to a different piece that I wrote (though I never posted it here). It had overwhelmingly positive connotations but I still question why I used that character in particular for comparison. Live and learn, I guess.

In case you can't tell, I'm having fun reading the tragedies.

• N.

Thank you! :)

• weirdo

this is so expertly crafted and just absolutely beautiful. sonnets are so hard to write, but their wonderful once finished.

• N.

Thanks! <3

• CreativeAngel

Ahh this is quite interesting. I thought poetry had stopped on here and am glad to find someone with a similar writing style. Tho you put it to better use. Keep writing i'll be happy to read more!. :D

• Writers of the World

Favorite lines: "who hides behind lines of code and weird smirks / that claw at my brain and chill my bones."
    Really enjoy the Shakespeare reference! (Personally, I understood it before being told)

• N.

Thank you!

• Maryam

Great job on the word choice, it was beautiful. You have an amazing writing style. Keep at it. <3<3<3