JakeFrommStateFarm

here since October 10, 2019
born a boy, and will always be a boy
16 years old
born in good old USA
homeschooled
play guitar
singer/songwriter
love Rock
love Marvel
un hijo de Dios
Southern Baptist
TRUMP TRAIN 2020!!!

Here's the second draft of my piece for the contest this month!
Any feedback you have is great (and necessary)!
Please like and follow if you enjoyed!

December to Remember

I look out the window. It's snowing. When I was younger, I would try to count the snowflakes as they fell to the ground. But today, my head is too full of other worries.
    It's Christmas Eve at my grandma's house. Even though the house is full of cousins and aunts and uncles I don't even know, I'm as lonely as I could ever be.
    All of the screaming and crying little kids make me wish that I really was by myself.
    My mom is overseas with the Army right now. She was supposed to be here, but something came up and she wasn't able to come home for the holidays. So now I'm wallowing in my own self-pity while I look out the window.
    I wish my dad were here. He would know how to cheer me up He would still be here if it hadn't been for that stupid drunk driver last year.
    I need to do something other than mope around. I decide to listen to some Christmas music on the local radio station. Immediately I hear the chorus of "I'll Be Home For Christmas." A tear rolls down my cheek. I wipe the tear off and hate myself for crying.
I wish I knew the guy who wrote that song. That way I could look him up on WhitePages.com, find his house, and then bun it down.
    I decide to Google him. Looks like he died years ago. I guess I'll have to settle for his kids.
    I hear the doorbell ring. Great, I thinkmore relatives.
    "Benjamin?" says my grandma. "Could you get that?"
    "Sure," I say. I start coming up with something to say to whoever's at the door. Maybe something like, Look, I don't know you, and you don't know me. Whatever you do, don't make this weird. I'm gonna let you know right now that I'm not sharing my bed with you, I'm not changing your baby's diaper, I am not watching Elmo's World with your toddler, and if your very pregnant wife happens to go into labor in the middle of the night, I am not going to play midwife for you.
    Yeah, that sounds about right.
    I get up from my spot at the window and walk to the door. I hope whoever this is doesn't have a baby. There are already six baby's in the house, so I've heard crying nonstop.
    I open the door and see--
    Mom?
    It's her! She's standing in her full uniform smiling at me.
    Tears start waterfalling down my face. I hug my mom as hard as I can.
    "Merry Christmas," she says.
    For a moment, I forget all of the all of the annoying cousins and uncles. For a moment it's just me and my mom.
    This is the best Christmas I've ever had.